Starting a small business in Kenya, Wajir County can be a big risk especially if you don’t know what to sell, who to sell to, where to sell, and/or when to sell.
But at least it is a risk worth taking.
One that may prove to be the only best thing you ever do in your life.
For someone who has small capital or does not have any capital at all, what’s the best business to start in Kenya?
Consider starting these small businesses with KES. 200, 500, 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K or 5K in Wajir County.
1. Virtual Assistant Jobs.
These are work-from-home individuals who provide technical and administrative assistance to busy individuals through the internet.
If you have Ksh 200 only and would like to start a business in Wajir, consider using that money for internet bundles and search for remote virtual assistant jobs.
2. Ghostwriting –
This is another business that you can do remotely in Wajir to earn good money. With only Ksh. 500, you can buy internet bundles for 1 week, work online, and get paid online.
3. Graphics designing – If you’re good with Photoshop or similar tools, go to freelancing sites like Fiver to find remote work.
4. Become a tour guide – You can also make money in Wajir as a local tour guide. You may not need to invest any money upfront for this kind of business.
5. Sell stock photos – Take photos of yourself or photos of your county and sell online. You’ll most definitely attract bloggers and website owners.
6. Make and sell soap in Wajir county – It doesn’t matters that you don’t know how it is done. You can learn the ropes on Youtube and on women empowerment seminars.
7. Become an interior designer
An interior design job is still one of the trending jobs you can start in 2021. Do you have only 5K and would like to start this venture? Spend it on business registration and on getting your first clients.
8. Use the Olymp Trade app to trade online – With only $10 you can begin trading to make up to $100 or more in a day.
9. Sell eggs and smokies -This business doesn’t need so much and it is still profitable in most parts of the country. Consider going for it in your County.
10. Sell Goat milk and Carmel milk – These are popular delicacies in North-Eastern parts of Kenya. You can produce your own milk or buy from your neighbors and resell it for profits.