Are you looking for work from home side hustles that don’t need any investment?
Are you a student, mom or a dad looking for either part-time or full-time gig to make money online?
In this article, I have compiled a list of the best online jobs without investment. Also, I will walk you through the exact steps you need to take to start earning within 48 hours.
Some online jobs indeed require you to make some kind of investment before in the name of registration fees, buying a course, or start-up costs.
The question is what happens if you do not have the money and still want to make money online?
Don’t fret because I will show you where to get an online job without paying anything upfront.
Let’s dive right in.
1. Online writing jobs.
Online writing is one of the best ways of making money online where you get paid to write. People are making money as freelance writers and it doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner or an already established writer.
Because as a freelancer, you have control of the workload you take in, the amount you earn per project and you can work from anywhere you want.
How to get started as a freelance writer.
All you have to do is follow these steps and start making money online as a writer.
- Know who you are. Know your passions, areas of expertise or areas that interest you (pick a niche).
- Start building a portfolio showcasing your best work. Because without it, it will be harder getting writing jobs.
- Hone your writing skills by writing daily no matter what.
- Start frequenting online writing job boards looking for work.
- Invest in yourself by taking courses and implementing feedback from clients.
- Learn how to pitch to get a constant flow of writing projects from direct clients.
- Network with fellow writers by joining groups and forums.
- Set goals and track your earnings.
How much can you earn as an online writer?
You can anything from 0 to thousands of shillings. I say zero because not everyone calling themselves a freelance writer out there is making money.
Either way, there are so many factors that determine your income as a writer including: –
- Your experience – more experienced writers command higher pay.
- How much you charge per submission.
- Your writing niche – some niches pay higher than others.
2. Online transcription jobs.
Online transcription is where you get paid to turn either an audio or video recording into a written document.
Basically, you listen or watch the recording and then translate what you hear into writing.
This is where good listening and writing skills come in handy.
How to get started with online transcription.
- Get quality headphones that deliver clear sounds.
- A high-speed internet connection and a computer.
- Look for online transcription sites and open an account example Rev.com.
- Start applying to get projects.
How much does transcription pay?
You are paid either per hour or per minute and the amount you make will depend on the company you signed up with, amount of work, your skills and of course speed.
Generally, you can earn at least $20 per audio hour.
3. Online reservation agents.
As a reservation agent, you will be working with hotels, airlines, or travel agencies to assist their clients with planning and bookings without them getting involved in the process.
Why is this one of the best work from home side hustles that do not need any investment?
You are paid at least $13 per hour to work from home.
What’s required to get started?
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- High-speed internet connection.
- problem-solving skills.
4. Online customer service jobs.
Some companies outsource customer service to independent contractors and pay handsomely. You can be on the receiving end.
As a remote customer service agent, you will be taking calls, replying to questions, and forwarding customers to respective departments right from your home.
And the money is good. You are looking at between $10 and $15 per hour.
Getting started as an online customer agent.
- Be able to multitask.
- Have a friendly but professional attitude.
- Self-discipline to work from home.
- Experience working as a customer service agent is a plus.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Go to places such as Fiverr, FlexJobs, Indeed and search for online customer agent jobs.
5. Online virtual assistants jobs.
You know how an assistant works, right?
It turns out; you can take in assistant responsibilities and work from anywhere you want (and that includes working from home).
And it doesn’t end there.
Your responsibilities range from social media management, managing appointments and emails, and content creation among others.
The pay is between $10 and $50 per hour.
Getting started as an online virtual assistant
- Determine what you are offering as to do as a VA.
- Decide whether to work full time or a side hustle.
- Determine your rates based on your income goals.
- Look for work in online marketplaces such as Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer, etc.
6. CV writer.
Thousands of job seekers flood the market every year trying their luck in the corporate world. CV is the most important piece of document that can make or break their job-hunting efforts, and they know it.
It needs to be on point: customized to the job they are applying, professional, and up to date. A huge percentage of these job seekers cannot meet these qualities.
That’s where you come in.
Offer to rewrite their CVs of course at a small fee.
At least $15 per CV is typical.
7. Online data entry jobs.
Data entry is the best job since you work from home and you do not need any prior investment. In such jobs, you are required to transfer data from one document to another, for example, organizing data in a spreadsheet.
Getting started with online data entry.
- Have proficient typing skills.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- A computer and good internet connection.
- Search freelance marketplaces for jobs.
8. Online proofreader.
If you have a good command of the English language and that elusive eye for detail, this is for you. Reading should also be in your menu. And I mean a lot of reading if you want to make it on proofreading work from home side hustles
Because as a proofreader, you’ll be handling a lot of written content, sorting through different writing styles and things of the sort.
Getting started as an online proofreader.
- Deep understanding of different types of writing styles syntaxes.
- Develop the knowledge required of a proofreader.
- Good computer skills such as the use of email, WordPress, etc.
- Pick a proofreading niche.
- Approach website owners directly asking if you can help them.
9. Online teaching jobs.
Are you a teacher or love teaching and looking for the best way to work from home? Teaching online is the perfect work from home side hustle for you.
Flexible schedule and handsome pay is what makes teaching job from home without investment very attractive.
To get started, you need:
- Deep knowledge in the subjects you teach.
- A way for students to access the teaching materials such as through videos, audio, downloadable documents, etc.
- Pitch your services to parents and agree on payment terms.
10. Social media manager.
Get paid top bucks to manage social media accounts of top brands and busy entrepreneurs.
All you have to do is:
- Understand how to grow social media accounts.
- Pick a niche, example, you’ll only be managing accounts under the beauty industry or so.
- Take free online training to up your game.
- Write and send out proposals to potential clients.
11. Search engine evaluator
As a search engine evaluator, you will be helping Google clean up their mess. In this job, your job is to rate search engines results relevancy and be paid upwards of $12.50 per hour.
Final thoughts on work from home side hustles that require little to no capital to start.
Working from home has never been this easier. With these ideas, you can start making money from home without investing any dime upfront.