Yes! Affiliate marketing, a topic every Brazilian knows, but only a handful understand.
Are you among the thousands few who understand and make money through affiliate marketing? Or you are new to it and don’t know a single thing about it?
Whichever category you fall in, continue reading to find out all the secrets you didn’t know about these programs.
In today’s post, I will walk you through everything you need to start earning as an affiliate marketer in Brazil.
And no, it is not stuff you are used to.
You are going to take a peek into the secret swipe file used by the gurus like myself to earn thousand or even millions of Brazilian Real passively.
Are you ready?
Not so fast.
Before we dive deep into this guide, let’s make sure that you understand what affiliate marketing entails.
What is affiliate marketing?
Technically, there are only two known ways of making money online inBrazil.
- Selling your products or services. And when I say ‘your’ I mean the ones you own.
- Selling someone else’s products or services.
Apparently, you don’t have to own any products or services to make money online.
I know what that sounds exactly like but stick with me because you need to hear this.
Affiliate marketing is what entails the second option (promoting someone else’s products).
Here, unlike where you’d earn a profit when you sell your own products, you are paid commissions when you sell someone else’s products.
Lost? Let’s look at an example to make it clear.
You are going through an online shop. And you see a really great mobile phone. You know pretty well that most of your friends will like it, so what do you do?
It turns out, the shop is running an affiliate program, where you make 4 percent on every successful sale you refer.
So, you sign up and get your affiliate link.
After sharing with your friends and on social media, you start noticing spikes in clicks and then some sales.
Looking at your affiliate account, there are some commissions. All you have to do now is withdraw the earnings and enjoy a cup of coffee to celebrate the success.
In a nutshell, that is affiliate marketing, buddy.
Talking of earning, here is something else:
How much can you earn as an affiliate marketer in Brazil?
Well, it is simple.
The answer? it depends.
Yes, the amount of money you can make as an affiliate marketer in Brazil ranges from 0 to millions.
Let me explain.
See, affiliate marketing is promoting a product.
And unlike sales where you are working for someone, you are your own boss here. This means that you set your own rules, schedule, and strategies.
As such, it is easy to make thousands of shillings per month through affiliate marketing. All you have to do is have a proven strategy to promote the product and watch commissions roll in.
How effective is this?
Well, there is this guy known as Pat Flynn.
He runs SmartPassiveIncome.com. He is the ‘celebrity’ within the affiliate marketing community. Why?
He earns thousands of dollars per month, exclusively from affiliate marketing.
Do you still doubt if this works?
What do you need to start affiliate marketing?
This is where you will be plying your trade. Think of it as your shop from where you will be ‘selling’ the products.
Ideally, the platform can either be your website or social media accounts. If you have some budget, I’d recommend you build your own website.
Because you do not own any social media account. You don’t own your Facebook page, Zuckerburg does. And he can do anything he wants anytime he wishes.
Take the recent Facebook algorithm update, for example, it wiped out everything and turned the platform into a pay-to-play system.
Now, it is harder to reach even your Facebook page fans, which is weird because you ‘own’ them, (or do you?).
Arguably, owning a website is the best investment in your affiliate marketing business.
- Decide on the niche or industry you wish to participate in. For example, weight loss and fitness, women stuff, laptops, TVs, etc. Just pick a product niche.
- Pick a domain name that reflects whatever you are selling. For example, if you settled for smart TVs, your website could look something like co.ke and such stuff. Go ahead and register
- Start building the website or hire us to design it for you.
While owning a website is the best, social media isn’t such a bad idea, especially when starting out.
2. Affiliate program
Now, with the product niche picked and website up and ready, now it is time to pick the best affiliate program.
And not just any program under the sun.
You need a program proven to work (not a scam), ask for their current affiliates.
The program should also be dealing with legal and high-quality products.
Additionally, it should be offering the highest returns in form of a fair commission structure.
Why is this important?
Here is something that affiliates do not understand and even don’t seem to care about. You are recommending products and services to someone.
A person has trusted you to help them decide what to buy. That is huge!
As such, you need to do your homework and make sure that you are promoting products and services that will add value to their lives. Avoid promoting something based on a fat commission cheque.
It is not only unethical but will ruin the trust your audience has on you.
Here are some of the most popular affiliate marketing programs in Brazil:
That said, let’s look at some proven ways to earn as an affiliate marketer in Kenya.
How to earn as an affiliate marketer in Brazil
Create content that drives affiliate revenue
In the beginning, most of you will just throw out any content they come across, throw in affiliate links in there and then sit fingers-crossed waiting for the commission to come.
I hate to say this, but it is never coming.
First, you need to understand your role as an affiliate marketer in Brazil. Your job is to help customers find what they are looking for.
If that is to happen, you need a better strategy than just posting anything you ‘think’ will work.
See, in most cases, your target audience is someone who is lost between product A and B, or isn’t sure whether it is the right one for the job.
This is where you come in. Create valuable content around these questions your target audience is struggling with and see your commissions soar.
Here is a strategy proven to work all the time:
- Use buyer-intent keywords – these are terms people type into search engines when researching for a specific product. For example, ‘best laptops in Kenya’ is a buyer intent keyword.
- Get more of such keywords
- Write content around each keyword, covering each adequately.
- See the next point
Doing this will increase your chances of ranking high in search results, thus more traffic. And that is how to earn as an affiliate in Brazil.
Insert affiliate links within the content
Understanding what the target audience is looking for is the first part of the equation. By now, you need know-how and what words they are using when researching the product.
You have created content covering these areas fully, now what?
Well, insert the affiliate links on the content. After all, you won’t make anything unless people actually click your links and buy.
And that is what the content is for:
- Attract the target audience
- Convince them to buy the product
- Click your links so you can make a commission.
From this alone, you can get one thing: the content should do a great job of selling the product and why the reader should buy right away.
To do that, make sure you are writing content that is easy to read, enjoyable, and offer value.
Otherwise, your target audience will go look for information somewhere else, and you’d have failed the whole thing.
To increase the chances of making a sale, use these strategies:
- Add affiliate links as early as possible within the article. Here is the thing, most people are too lazy to read the whole article, having a link within the first 3 paragraphs will help capture such
- Avoid adding links everywhere. Only add links where applicable and not when you mention the product.
- But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t utilize the space you’ve got. Use banner ads, inline bars, pop-ups, etc. The key here is not to overdo it.
Convert visitors to buying customers
I know everyone is telling you to drive a ton of traffic to your website.
While that is not terrible advice, not doing it would be a terrible mistake.
Is it possible to make money with little traffic?
Yes, it is possible. And here’s how to make money with little traffic as a beginner affiliate.
If you are promoting a product paying Brazilian Real 500 in commission, with a conversion rate of 2%, which means, for every 100 visitors you get, 2 of them end up buying the product.
This means that you earn BRL 5 per click (Cost Per Click CPC = 5).
Now, if you wish to earn 2X affiliate commission, your logical step would be to 2X traffic, right? Well, not necessarily.
If you want to double your affiliate earnings, you can either double the traffic or double the conversion rate. Which one is easier? I bet the latter.
And here is another thing:
You can make any amount of money you want with your current traffic, by just increasing the conversion rate.
Simple, optimize your site or posts (in case of social media) to attract more clicks.
- Create pop-up campaigns on your site that promote your affiliate links. These can be exit-intent pop-ups that show up when someone wants to exit the site, or when they scroll a certain percentage of the page, click a link, visit a specific page, etc.
- Optimize the campaigns to show up on locations where users are most likely to take action. You can create page-level targeting campaigns. These only show affiliate products based on the article the user is reading.
Do these and forget worrying about increasing traffic to make more commissions.
Leverage existing traffic to generate more affiliate earnings
Have you heard about the 80/20 rule?
Well, it states that 80% of your revenue comes from 20% of your content. Obviously, this is debatable, but you get the point.
This is what you have to do:
- Go through your content, either on your blog or social media
- Pick the best, I mean those performing really well. Garnering more views, comments, shares, retweets, etc.
- Leverage these best performing content for your affiliate campaigns.
Are you lost?
You shouldn’t be. All I am asking you is to identify the content that is resonating well with your audience, and then create campaigns within them.
This should be simple:
- Go through your Google Analytics and look at the pages driving more traffic to your site
- See the posts on social media receiving more love in form of engagement, which means it is reaching far more people. Add your links in there.
If you find that there is a post ranking high on Google, thus attracting a ton of organic traffic, you can add affiliate links to the content.
But if it isn’t relevant to whatever you are currently promoting, consider getting an affiliate product relevant to that content.
Alternatively, consider creating different versions of such content by looking at what is it that made it better than the others. Replicate all that with other affiliate posts.
Build an email list
An email list is still the best way to market your business without paying anything. I know most people were like, ‘yeah email marketing is dead.’ Listen to me, it is very much alive.
Remember what I told you about relying on social media as your affiliate platform?
Yes, you don’t own any of that, and when the owner wakes up feeling sad and decides to end the whole thing, so will your affiliate marketing business.
So is SEO.
I can’t tell you how many people cry every time Google updates the algorithm. They own over 50% of the search traffic, so they make the rules.
But, with an email list, no one can ever take that away from you. You own it fully, better part? You can market anytime you want as many times as you wish.
An email list consists of people who have shown interest in what you do, making it the best asset in your business.
So, how do you do that?
- Offer something for free in exchange for an email address. Make sure that ‘something’ is valuable and of interest to your readers. It should also be related to the product you are promoting. Such that, if you are promoting weight-loss products, offer a free weight loss e-book for free.
- Create targeted campaigns to increase opt-ins. Use pop-ups, slide-ins, and sidebars to encourage visitors to join the list.
Once you start collecting some emails, do not start promoting right away. First, focus on building a relationship with the list members, this is not a personal opinion by proven by studies.
People buy from people they trust and like.
As such, building getting to know your audience works in your favor when the time comes to promote affiliate products.
Again, the size doesn’t matter.
I have seen people making thousands of shillings per month with only 200 people on a list. It all comes down to how motivated they are and whether they trust you enough.
What to do next as a beginning affiliate marketer in Brazil.
That is how to earn as an affiliate marketer in Brazil. And if you take one thing from this guide, take this: your success is built on trust. If you can make 100 people trust you, you can make them do anything.
Once you achieve that status, do not squander it by chasing the shilling at the cost of your audience. Only promote stuff that is beneficial to them.
Tagged With : how to become an affiliate marketer in kenya