Are you looking for the best work from home jobs in Kenya?
Do you have any skills/services you can provide remotely?
Don’t overthink it.
In this article, I will share with you 9 of the best work from home jobs you can do in Kenya.
It doesn’t matter that you are not experienced and you have not done any before. You just need an internet connection and you are good to go.
Without further ado, let’s jump in.
- 1 What are the best work from home job that anyone can do in Kenya 2020?
- 2 Online Tutoring.
- 3 Blogging and affiliate marketing.
- 4 Freelance writing.
- 5 Requirements to get started as a freelance writer in Kenya.
- 6 Social media manager
- 7 Requirements to get started as a social media manager in Kenya.
- 8 Transcription.
- 9 Data entry.
- 10 SEO services.
- 11 Graphic design.
- 12 Trading online.
- 13 Final thoughts on the best work from home jobs for Kenyans.
What are the best work from home job that anyone can do in Kenya 2020?
This is where you are paid to teach online.
You can target prospects online and ask them to allow you tutor their kids on specific topics.
You can either teach through Skype or ZOOM or any other video conferencing tool that’s commonly used.
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
You can teach chemistry, physics, or even Mathematics to students while we’re on the corona pandemic break.
To be successful doing this, avoid picking subjects that you know nothing and are not passionate about.
Requirements to get started as an online tutor.
- In-depth knowledge in a particular subject, like Sciences. In fact, having a degree, though not a must, comes in handy when convincing parents to pay you to teach their kids.
- Basic knowledge of how school curriculum works. You do not want to scare kids with advanced mathematics formulas, do you?
- A platform you can use to offer your lessons.
Blogging and affiliate marketing.
There it is.
You knew this was coming.
Did you know you can earn a lot of money blogging in Kenya?
That’s right. You can earn upwards of KES 30K per month by blogging only.
Requirements to get started blogging in Kenya
- You need your own website. Here is an article where I show how to start a blog in Kenya.
- Pick a topic to write about. If you love politics, start a news website.
- Monetization – once your blog starts attracting consistent traffic, look for ways to monetize it. For example, start promoting someone else’s products or services; affiliate marketing 101.
Do you love writing?
Get paid to write articles or academic papers. Employers in this niche pay per word, per page or project.
Consequently, the amount of money you will earn will depend on how much you charge.
If your goal is to make KES 30K per month with freelance writing in Kenya, you only need to charge KES 1 per word. Then write at least 1K words per day.
Requirements to get started as a freelance writer in Kenya.
- Pick a niche – to make money easily and avoid lots of headaches, pick freelance writing that you understand well and enjoy writing about. Example, you can become a finance article freelance writer.
- Have samples of your best work. Post some of them on Medium or LinkedIn and share the links.
- Determine your rates, example KES 1 per word or KES 300 per page for academic writers.
- Start pitching websites in Kenya to write for them.
- Deliver quality, non-plagiarized work.
- Rinse and repeat.
Social media manager
This is for you if you love spending time on social media and engaging with individuals or brands.
As a social media manager, you will be paid upwards of KES 15K to manage individuals or brands’ social accounts e.g. Facebook page, Instagram accounts or Twitter handle.
And as a manager, your work will revolve around uploading post updates, replying messages and engaging with your client’s fans on the comments.
- Knowledge on how social media platforms work, trends and growth strategies.
- A good smartphone and internet.
- Start pitching your services. For example, look for inactive brand pages on Facebook (their last post was done last year) and show them how you can help them.
- Deliver what you promised.
Transcription is where you get paid to transcribe an audio or video into writing. Hence, you will need to have high levels of typing speed and accuracy.
Generally, you get paid by the audio or video minute.
Requirements to get started as a Transcriber in Kenya.
- Good listening and typing skills.
- Quality headphones.
- Reliable internet connection and a laptop.
- Sign up on websites that offer transcription jobs such as Transcribe Me, Scribie, Rev, etc.
Robots aren’t able, yet, to transfer information on images and PDF files into typed documents. Luckily, you can do that and get paid handsomely.
Data entry job is for those who feel that they lack the specialized skills required to execute some of the online jobs I have discussed here.
Requirements to get started with data entry in Kenya.
- No specialized skill required.
- Basic knowledge on how to use a computer.
- Look for companies hiring.
Companies are constantly striving to appear on page 1 of the search engine results page (SERPs) so they can tap on free traffic and sell more products or services.
While this is true, most of them struggle to rank on search engines. And this is where you come in.
Get paid to help such companies rank on search engines.
Requirements to get started selling SEO services in Kenya.
- Knowledge of how search engines work, the crawling bots, keywords, ranking factors, etc.
- Audit random websites specifically looking for mistakes you can help improve.
- Pitch your services to brands whose pages are on page two, three, or four.
- Deliver results.
Do you have good drawing and illustration skills?
There are a ton of companies out there looking for individuals like you to help them design graphics such as advertisements, posters, social media graphics, logos, etc.
Requirements to get started with graphic design in Kenya.
- Demonstrate your skills by building a portfolio.
- Share your portfolio with potential clients.
- Share your work on social media.
- Deliver quality work and ask for referrals.
Saved the best for last.
Trading online in Kenya is the most lucrative work from home job you can ever undertake.
Don’t know how it works?
No worries. Here’s a beginner’s guide for starting out an online trading job in Kenya.
Requirements to get started trading online in Kenya
- Knowledge of how online trading platforms works (Get free education here).
- Practice well before investing real money (Start trading with Olymp Trade).
- Learn various trading strategies, and stick to one. (Here are our best trading strategies).
- Be disciplined and avoid greed.
Final thoughts on the best work from home jobs for Kenyans.
Working from home works best when you leverage the skills you already have, and get someone to pay you to use it.
The list I just gave has the potential to make you money consistently. And who knows; maybe you will end up doing it full time and making a successful business right out of it.
Good luck starting out.