In this article, you’ll learn how to deposit money from MPESA to KCB step by step.
Decades ago, something this like was unheard of, and you had to show up at the bank, queue for hours to get served.
But since M-PESA came into our lives, things have changed, thanks to Safaricom innovations.
This has enabled thousands of Kenyans to conduct banking transactions right on their mobile phones.
And it doesn’t matter what kind of phone you are using, you can still access mobile banking services.
If you are using a phone with no internet capabilities, you can use shortcodes to complete the process.
All you have to do is dial *522# and follow onscreen prompts.
On the flip side, if you are using a smartphone, KCB has created an app.
Go to the play store and download and install it. From there, you can complete basic tasks such as buying airtime and checking account balance.
What you need to move money from MPESA to the KCB account
While this is a revolutionary service offered by the bank, you cannot use it unless you are a registered KCB Mobi Bank user.
This is just nothing but the program spearheaded by the bank to make their services accessible through mobile devices.
To get registered, assuming you already have a KCB account, otherwise go ahead and open one before doing this.
With the account, download the KCB Mobi registration form, fill it and submit to your nearest KCB branch or a KCB Mtaani agent.
Once accepted, you should be able to transfer money from MPESA to the KCB account anytime, anywhere.
One more thing:
KCB doesn’t charge for MPESA transactions.
The only costs you incur are the fees by Safaricom. You can send money from your KCB account via MPESA free of charge (without paying MPESA transaction fees).
All you have to do is register for KCB M-benki, which is actually opening a KCB account via MPESA.
How to deposit money from MPESA to KCB
Follow these steps to transfer money to the KCB account via MPESA.
- Locate and open the SIM toolkit application. Here, you will find the MPESA menu.
- If you have more than one Safaricom SIM card, pick the most appropriate one.
- Click on MPESA and you will be presented with a menu of options
- Click on Lipa Na M-PESA, second last option on the MPESA menu
- Tap on Pay Bill on the next screen
- Select Enter Business No. And then type this KCB bank paybill number 522522 and then OK to proceed.
- Next, click on Account No. here, enter your KCB bank account number. Pay attention here to make sure you are keying in the correct account number. Click OK to proceed.
- Enter the amount you to deposit
- Type your PIN.
You will receive HAKIKISHA prompt. T
his is meant to ensure you have provided the correct information, if not, you have less than 25 seconds to change your mind.
Just type anything and click send to cancel the transaction.
If everything checks out, ignore the message and the transaction will proceed.
You will receive a confirmation SMS.
Also Read: – HOW TO DEPOSIT MONEY FROM MPESA TO EQUITY