Today, just about every app has found a way to monetize its platform using virtual currencies. These moves may have been fueled by the sudden growth of digital currencies such as Ripple and Bitcoin.
In this frenzy, TikTok hasn’t been left behind.
Now, they have their own version of virtual currency that can only be used within their ecosystem.
Today, I will show you how to earn coins on TikTok. But first, what is this, and why should pay attention?
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a social media platform, where you share 15-second videos of you doing anything.
Interestingly, this platform rose from nowhere in the limelight, and now everybody is talking about it.
It turns out, TikTok’s way of doing things isn’t a new concept at all.
Initially, there was this app previously called Music.ly.
It was popular among teenagers and they used it to post 15-second videos lip-syncing top trending songs.
Also Read: – HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON TIKTOK IN KENYA
TikTok swooped in and not only took the same approach but also took it to the next level.
See, with Music.ly, it was only about the music, but TikTok allows you to post anything as long as it is 15-second long.
And I think this approach is what fuelled their sudden rise to the top.
Because let’s be honest, not everyone enjoys music. And when the option to get the variety presented itself, we took with both hands.
What are TikTok Coins?
Now, to post on the TikTok platform, you can either post already created content or decide to Livestream.
Just like all the other social media platforms such as Facebook, you can have your followers watch you do your thing live where they can interact with you.
By commenting of course.
TikTok Coins, therefore, are in-app virtual currencies only acquired by paying with real money.
Once you have the coins, you can use them to appreciate your favorite creators.
Think of it as a way to say thank you for all the trouble they go through to bring you entertainment through the best content.
Again, this kind of showing appreciation during live streams isn’t a new thing at all, and as mentioned, some other platforms have implemented it in the past.
- On YouTube, there is the use of a Super Chat feature. Here, the viewer pays a small fee to get their chat visible during a live stream. This keeps their comment highlighted for a specific period, depending on how much they paid for it. Unfortunately, it is only a feature available to YouTube Partners. And they share the revenue with the platform
- Twitch also has the same tipping strategy. Here, you send a certain amount to show your appreciation for the content
And this works like a charm. You feel good for the entertainment, and the creator gets encouragement.
In some instances, the more you tip, the higher your chances of getting a shoutout.
That is huge, especially when the channel is considered ‘big’ in terms of popularity and followership.
And in some way, shoutouts have turned into a strategy to make more money on TikTok.
TikTok Coins are not some sort of Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Litecoin and thus cannot be mined.
As already mentioned earlier, these coins can only be used within the TikTok app.
You cannot find them anywhere else both online and offline.
How do you use the TikTok Coins?
First, to use TikTok coins, you must have them in your wallet. Go ahead and earn them (purchase then within the app).
These Coins come in varying prices, which can be attributed to inflation and TikTok trying to siphon more profits out of it.
At the time of writing, 100 TikTok Coins is going for USD 0.99 and you can have as much as you want, up to 10,000 coins.
Once you have the coins in your wallet, you can use them to send gifts to your favorite creators. These gifts have varying value, and you only send them based on how they made you feel.
If you feel really good, you send valuable gifts, and the opposite is true.
These gifts are mostly in form of emoticons.
These emoticons can only be purchased using the coins in your wallet and carry the corresponding value. Ideally, there are five types of these emoticons:
- Panda – costs 5 coins.
- Italian hand – value 5 coins.
- Love bang – costs 25 coins.
- Sun cream – worth 50 coins.
- Rainbow puke – goes for 100 coins.
- Concert – 500.
- I’m very rich – 1,000.
- Drama queen – costs 5,000 coins.
Again, these emoticons can be used during a Livestream. They appear within the chat and can only be seen by the creator.
Something worth noting, the TikTok streamer keeps 50% of the value of coins.
If the viewers use 1,000 coins, the streamer gets to keep 500 and TikTok takes the rest.
Once the creator has accumulated enough coins, they can immediately redeem them into diamonds.
Pay attention because these aren’t the diamonds you are thinking about.
They are virtual currencies only used by TikTok streamers.
Its function is to store the value of the coins received before the streamer decides to cash out.
Therefore, TikTok diamonds, just like TikTok coins, cannot be used or found anywhere else outside the platform.
Once the streamer reaches a threshold of over $100 worth of diamonds, they can now convert them into real currencies that are sent through PayPal.
How to buy TikTok coins
TikTok coins can only be purchased within the platform.
Anyone telling you they can give you coins outside the app is lying to you.
In fact, since the app introduced the use of coins, there has been an influx in the number of sites promising unsuspecting users TikTok coins.
Well, to save you the trouble, there is no such thing.
Such sites are after your account. And the TikTok hacks they are promising you will only lead to your account being banned forever from the platform.
If you wish to buy TikTok coins, use the following procedure.
- Login in to your TikTok account and locate the Me button (usually on the lower-right menu) and click on it
- Tap the three dots on the top-right of your screen
- Click on Balance
- You should be able to see the Recharge button, tap on it
- A list of the number of coins with corresponding prices will appear. Click on the amount you wish to buy. Remember, you must be 18 years or older to buy TikTok coins.
- You will be given an option to pay using either Google Pay or Apple Pay if you have them enabled. Otherwise, you have an option to use a credit card
- If the transaction is successful, you will receive a notification within the app. Click on Okay to proceed
By now, your TikTok wallet balance should be reflecting the number of coins you just purchased.
How to earn free TikTok coins
Unfortunately, there are no free TikTok coins anywhere on the internet.
Heck, there is no legitimate way to get free coins on TikTok.
They cannot be earned anywhere else apart from purchasing through the app, on both Android and iOS with real currencies.
As I mentioned earlier, if anyone is promising you free TikTok coins, hold onto your wallet and run as fast as you can.
These websites are either scams or are there to hack into your accounts to mine personal information.
In fact, TikTok is known for its staunch stand when it comes to moderating its platform.
To maintain the safety of all their users, TikTok is known to immediately ban any account suspected of shady activities within the platform, making it unworthy to use such TikTok coin generators.
Think for a second:
To change your coin balance on TikTok, the generators have to get access to TikTok’s databases.
That sounds ridiculous because it is almost impossible considering how much the company has invested in repulsing such attacks.
Frequently Asked Questions.
In order to earn money directly from TikTok, you'll need to be at least 18 years of age, and have an account with 10,000 followers as a pre-requisite.
And that's not all, your account must have acquired 100K plus views in the past 30 days.
You must be a creator from either the US, UK, France, Germany, Spain, or Italy to earn from this fund.
As a pre-requisite, you'll need to have 10,000 followers, at least 100,000 video views in the last 30 days, and be at least 18 years of age.
- Go live on TikTok and ask your followers for gifts.
- Get brand sponsorships (if possible, work with Odibets).
- Print and sell on-demand merchandise.
- Charge your followers for shoutouts on TikTok live.
- Promote affiliate products.
- Earn by making TikTok videos for businesses.
- Sell TikTok accounts.
Funny enough, no one has not been able to come up with tricks or cheats to get coins from TikTok without buying them.
If you want TikTok coins, better buy them or use alternative ways to acquire like: -
- Asking for coin gifts on TikTok live.
- Charging TikTok coins for shout-outs.
- Asking for Tips in form of TikTok coins.
Much as TikTok is global and works the same across the board, earning potentials are not the same for all countries.
Unless you are in the US, UK, France, Germany, Spain, or Italy; you can not earn in any other way other than: -
- Getting sponsorships.
- Growing and selling TikTok accounts.
- Asking for tips in your videos.
- Affiliate marketing
- Printing and selling on-demand merchandise.
- Making TikTok videos for businesses
- Or finding clients for your business on TikTok.
More Posts for You.
- Make Money.
- Business Ideas.
- Iq Option Strategies.
- Olymp Trade Tutorials.
- Olymp Trade Strategies.
- Expert Option Strategies.