In today’s post, I will show you how to make money during quarantine in Kenya.
In fact, these are the same ideas used by thousands of people around the world right now to make money during the pandemic.
Sell stuff you don’t need.
We all have stuff we no longer use around the house. Be it a piece of furniture, kitchen items, clothes, or any other stuff you don’t need and can be flipped for a few shillings.
Other Posts Like This
Do not despise those items thinking they aren’t going to amount to anything. Go ahead and sell them.
The last thing you need now is to be picky.
Those few shillings you are turning down could be the only thing standing between you and sleeping hungry tonight.
Is that what you want?
But what if you don’t have anything to flip?
Here is what to do:
You can buy stuff people are selling at a slightly lower price, and then sell it at a profit. I know I said these ideas won’t require any investment but trust me this one doesn’t either.
Let me explain.
You don’t need any money at hand to buy and sell any item.
All you have to do is first look for the buyer, then the seller last.
Once you have the buyer, agree on a price, then go to the seller and bargain the price.
Seal the deal and pocket the difference.
If you have a passion for writing and have a decent command of English, this is your chance to make money during quarantine in Kenya.
As a freelance writer, you take orders from clients, where they assign you topics, research, compile it into a complete article, submit, and get paid.
Of course, I made it sound simple, but it isn’t complicated either.
Here are things you need:
- A computer – you don’t have to own one since you can borrow/lease from a friend
- Reliable internet connection. You are in luck because there are several data plans you can choose from
- Basic writing skills – you don’t need to sound like a native or a degree to make money writing. You just need to be in a position to come up with content that makes sense.
Armed with these three things, head over to Upwork or Fiverr and open an account. Once accepted in, start bidding for projects.
Open an online shop
This one is for those with something to sell. Say you have a boutique in town and because of the quarantine, you can’t open it.
If you are selling children’s stuff, you can create a Facebook shop. Here you will get a dashboard right on your Facebook app where you can manage your inventory.
Additionally, the shop will be connected to your page. And if you already have an audience, inform them about your new shop.
With the shop complete, go ahead and take quality pictures of your products and then upload them to the shop.
To make sales as quickly as possible:
- Join popular groups in your area. There are a ton of ‘marketplace’ groups on Facebook.
- Post regularly about your products and link them back to the shop.
- Experiment with other social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, etc
- Consider recording videos talking about your products and share it all over (including your WhatsApp status)
Implement these, who knows where your next sale might come from.
So excited about this idea, so should you especially if you are a teacher by profession.
Kids are at home now, causing havoc and their parents are sick of it (I know because I am a parent).
If only there was a way to reduce all the playtime and at least get them occupied with something constructive (not just TV and more TV).
If you are a teacher (or can teach), consider doing the following:
- Talk to parents (at least 5) to allow you to tutor their kids during this quarantine
- Put together a simple curriculum covering the most challenging subjects
- Compile the best materials you can get on the topics (this can be written, typed, or printed form)
- Send them daily and have a way of gauging their progress
That’s pretty simple, right?
Now, if you get each parent to pay say 1500 per kid (and they give you 1 kid each), that is 7500 out of nowhere. No expenses, no sweat.
If you love arts and crafts, you can turn that into a cash generator, giving you an additional income source. Again, you don’t need to purchase any raw materials, make sure of readily available stuff.
You can get down and make things like:
- Printed T-shirts
- Homemade cards
- Upcycle things around your house
There is so much you can do with your hands.
Make money taking surveys
Well, this may not earn you thousands of shillings per month, but it will supplement your income.
The better part is, you can take surveys while binge-watching your favorite TV show.
Sell your photographs
This is for those interested in photography. If you have a ton of photos in your hard drive, why not sell them online?
To make it something worthwhile, try looking at what brands are already using online and take new photos around these themes.
Ideas that require little investment
If you have some money to spare, here are some business ideas you can engage in and turn a profit:
- Trading online. You can sign up at Olymp Trade now and start trading. We have a ton of guides and strategies
- Start blogging. Pick a niche, build a website, and start posting articles
What to do next
Stop whining and get down to make some money. At the moment, you have no choice but to be creative, get up, and start grinding.