Do you have a laptop? Oh, you do?
But maybe you are just using it for browsing the internet, streaming videos, and catching up with friends over Zoom or something. Or, is that trues?
Did you know that you can generate substantial income using that laptop?
Well, that is what this article is about. Making money with your computer.
Besides the ideas I will share here, there is more.
I will also show you the exact steps to take to make each gig work for you.
And within no time, you will be making a living right from your laptop.
Now, that may sound like fun, but don’t be fooled.
Working on a laptop is just like any other job. There is no special trick to somehow lift some workload off your schedule.
I’ll rephrase, working on a laptop is not an excuse to be lazy.
Why am I stressing this?
I’m telling you this because there is so much crap out there spreading misinformation about making money using a laptop.
I admit it is a lifestyle you’d want to have all the time, or at least as soon as you figure out what you want out of life.
It is wrong to think that this is a way to escape reality and substitute real work with the world of fantasy.
This sure explains why in all my posts I wouldn’t just throw a list of ways to make money. Rather, I make sure that you have a clear blueprint to get started.
Working on a laptop is like any other work, only that you have the freedom.
You are not tied down to an office desk somewhere staring at an empty screen.
I know some of you just use it to watch cat videos on YouTube. I’d not have it otherways either – that is if I was tied to a job I didn’t love.
How to make money using a laptop in India
1. Share your expertise and make money
Blogging is the #1 way of making money using a laptop. It’s easy and straightforward.
You don’t need any college education or connections to make money blogging on your laptop.
In a nutshell, blogging is all about sharing your knowledge on a particular topic consistently.
As a blogger, you’ll be talking to an audience who are eager to learn from you.
That is where every newbie goes wrong.
Blogging isn’t just about posting articles and waiting?
It is about sharing content that your targeted readers care about.
From this, you can denote that without readers, you don’t have a blog (website). It will be a ghost town.
How do I start blogging?
Blogging starts with selecting a niche.
This is a topic you will be writing about consistently.
Sincerely speaking, this is the hardest part of blogging.
And once you have figured this one out, everything else sorts of falls into place.
To help you speed up this step, use the following tips:
- Think of your interests and passions, can you turn them into a successful blog? For example, if you love football, you can start writing about football news
- The best practice here is to niche (narrow) down. This way you don’t have a broad topic and be lost within the noise of the internet. Having a targeted niche keeps you focused and helps you build a loyal following
- Consider the skills you already have. If you are a mechanic, for example, you can start blogging about how to take care of your car or something along that line.
Now that you have an idea of what you want to write about, let’s look at the next step.
Register a domain name
This is a website address people will be using to access your website.
For example, Joon.co.ke.
That is the domain name of this website.
And every time someone wants to come here, he just types that into their browser and boom; he is allowed in.
You need the same for your website.
Here are some guidelines to pick the best blog name:
- Make it short and memorable.
- Avoid using hyphens and numbers, for example, domain-name.com or domainname222.com. Stick to alphabets only
- If possible, make it brandable and not just some generic crap you pulled off the internet. This way, later on, you won’t have problems turning your blog into a real business
Once you have registered the domain name, move to the next step.
Pick a web hosting provider and get started with WordPress
A web host is where your website files; images, articles, and videos will be stored.
They make it easy for your readers to access your website. At Joon, we have our own hosting service; joonhosting.com. Consider hosting with us to get unending support from us on your blogging journey.
With a hosting account set, now install WordPress (or any other CMS you prefer).
I’d suggest going for WordPress because it is popular and works like charm.
Also, there are a ton of tutorials online on how to install WordPress.
The Joon Hosting team can also help you with this at no additional cost – Visit JoonHosting to register a domain and buy your hosting services.
Start posting articles
With WordPress installed, you can now start updating content on your new website.
Don’t worry about other stuff or making mistakes. The truth is, you will make a lot of mistakes throughout your blogging career. But should that scare you? That depends if you are the type that gives up easily.
Since you now have a blog, it will be easier to make money. Here is an article on how to do that.
#2. Sell your skills
Are you good at editing videos, making music, writing blog posts, or any other skill?
You can make money using a laptop in by selling your skills.
Well, there are several people and brands online looking for exactly that, and they are willing to pay a lot to get it.
Today, video content is gaining momentum like never before. Everyone and their grandma is getting down to creating video content.
In fact, according to a study, by 2022, the internet content will be 80% video. That explains why businesses are rushing to produce video content. But there is one problem.
They don’t know how to do it. And those who do, aren’t seeing impressive results that is where you come in.
If you understand how creating effective video campaigns work, there is money to be made.
Here is what you should do:
- Create a portfolio of your work and put it in a central place. This can be your website or YouTube channel
- Start pitching your services to companies already producing video content. For example, audit what they are already doing and suggest ways they can improve.
- Focus on a specific industry at first to gain a competitive advantage
- Set rates depending on your income goals
That is how to make money using a laptop as a video editor.
This process can be applied to virtually any other skill.
I understand bringing in consistent income selling your skills will be a challenge.
As a remedy, make sure you have a constant flow of clients.
Better yet, get long-term projects.
Use the following platforms to look for clients.
- Fiverr – it is the largest marketplace with thousands of freelancers like you offering their talents to clients
- Upwork – trusted by thousands of freelancers, it is the go-to platform when looking for projects to work
- Social media – showcase your work on social media, say Instagram. You never know who is watching.
Open a virtual assistant business
As a virtual assistant, you will be working remotely to help entrepreneurs in running their businesses.
Your tasks could include (but are not limited to) social media scheduling, creating and publishing blog posts, and graphic design.
The beautiful thing about being a virtual assistant is that you only need a laptop and a reliable internet connection to get started.
Here is how to get started:
- First, you cannot be the jack-of-all-trades in here. You need to focus on a niche or industry. Or offer certain skills like social media management.
- Once you have figured out what to offer, start reaching out to busy entrepreneurs, bloggers, and others running online businesses. Demonstrate how you will help them run their businesses, and why you are the right man for the job
- Set your hourly rates, say $20 per hour. What you charge totally depends on your industry and your responsibilities
Selling digital products
There are two types of products:
- Digital – intangible and can only be transferred through the internet
- Physical products – you can touch and feel them
Now, the difference between you and someone dealing with physical products is that one,
You don’t hold any stock, no expenses consequently huge profit margins, no shipping or logistic fees among other advantages.
A good example of a digital product is an eBook.
It is a digital book that can be read on a phone or a laptop.
You can write and self-publish one.
Sell it to interested readers and keep 100% of the profits.
Here is how to write a profitable ebook
- Start with a problem in mind. What will your ebook seek to solve?
- Research your problem and its solutions. You can interview experts in the field to get their ideas
- Compile everything into easy to read format. Use chapters to neatly present your information
- Price the product fairly and target ideal readers. For example, if your ebook is talking about taking care of babies, your target market is mothers with toddlers.
- Consider offering bonuses to entice your target market to buy
Another viable digital product is creating a course.
And to do that, just follow the same procedure outlined above. That is how to make money using a laptop.
Flipping websites means that you buy cheap and sell at a profit.
Ideally, you buy a website or domain names that need a little work, add some value, and sell it at a profit.
Working on a website to flip can take between days to years. Depends on the demand of the website.
To succeed in flipping websites, you need to put on both research and marketing hats.
You need extensive digging to unearth undervalued domains on the internet.
Once you have them, your marketing skills will determine if you will have 1X, 3X, or even 10X your investment.
Here is how some people are doing it:
- They research on an upcoming niche or business
- Pick memorable domains that would mean a lot to someone
- Wait for the time to be right, then offer them up for sale on Flippa.com
The same applies to websites.
Though here, you need to put in a little work to make it valuable.
For example, link building, organic traffic, and building a community.
If done right, flipping websites is the best way on how to make money using a laptop.
Brands value customer feedback more than anything else. It helps them improve their products, consequently charging more money.
That explains why they invest a lot on surveys and reviews because it is a source of this vital information.
And to make it easier for companies to collect opinions, they use platforms like Swagbucks, OnePoll, and SurveyJunkies.
These sites connect brands to a pool of vetted ‘customers’ ready to answer questions and earn money.
To join such programs, you need to meet certain requirements such as having a laptop or a smartphone, resident of a specific region, etc.
Here is how to make money taking surveys.
- Research on popular and legit survey sites.
- Open accounts on all of them
- Start answering questions and get paid
- Withdraw your earnings
That said, do not expect to get rich taking surveys.
Most of these sites do not pay a lot.
But it is worth it rather than idling, you can get gift cards to use on Amazon, Google Play Store among other outlets.
Making money using a computer is a lucrative lifestyle most people just dream about.
It works and there are people already earning a living using their laptops as offices. Why not you?
Are you ready to make money online? Buy a Laptop.
More Posts for You.
- Make Money.
- Business Ideas.
- Iq Option Strategies.
- Olymp Trade Tutorials.
- Olymp Trade Strategies.
- Expert Option Strategies.