How about we begin on this tight note, “No matter how new your business idea is, it isn’t 100% unique; someone else is already doing it.”
Someone else is already in the car hire business, more people are already doing interior design; the tents for hire business; running Betin shops or thinking to start some small profitable business in 2020.
Then you would ask;
What’s the most profitable business that isn’t very saturated & offers a high return on investment?
How about you start a juice business in Kenya?
In today’s edition of Joon Business Ideas for Kenya we reveal the costs involved in a juice bar startup; the benefits of owning a juice business & the profits expected.
Are you in?
- 1 How to Start a Juice Business.
- 2 How Much Does it Cost to start a Juice Bar?
- 3 Juice bar start up equipment.
- 4 Fruits.
- 5 Location & Licences.
- 6 Packaging for Juice.
- 7 How to Start Fresh Juice Business in Kenya – Bar Staff.
- 8 Benefits of starting a juice in Kenya.
- 9 Summery – Total Cost Of Juice Bar Startup.
- 10 The Actual Cost of Starting up a Juice bar Business in Kenya is Ksh. 9,772 Only.
- 11 More Business Ideas.
How to Start a Juice Business.
All you need in starting a juice business is the will to work & the passion to stay working. However, this statement isn’t true if you don’t have the equipment (a freezer, juicer, shaker & or blender); trade licences & a suitable location for your business.
How Much Does it Cost to start a Juice Bar?
The juice bar startup costs is dependent on what you already own & are willing to leverage to start your business.
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
Do you have a juicer, a blender & or a fruit peelers in your kitchen?
Use them in your juice business to reduce the cost of start up. The cost can be reduced to as low as Ksh. 3000 if you leverage a lot.
But if you don’t have any equipment already, buy them from this list.
Juice bar start up equipment.
Commercial Blender – 1500 W – 2 Litter Jar.
|Best Commercial Blender for a Juice Bar Business in Kenya.|
Automatic Fruit & Vegetable Peeler.
|Best Juice Peeler for a Juice Bar Business in Kenya.|
Multifunctional Juicer for Juice Bar Business in Kenya.
250 ml Manual Citrus Juicer.
|Manual citrus juicer.|
Juice Dispense – Shaker.
|Stylish juice dispenser for a juice bar business in Kenya.|
Ramtons Two Door Cool Fridge – 213 Litters.
Note: You don’t need all these equipment to start a juice bar. Buy what’s necessary for starters.
If you are just starting out & aren’t sure if you will be sold out for the day, Ksh. 1000 is a good amount to set aside for fruits. Vendors in Mombasa can buy fruits from Kongowea Market, in Kisumu you will get them fro Kibuye or Jubilee markets.
Fruits and vegetables are bought in Daraja Mbili in Kisii county at a wholesales price. In Nairobi, Muthurwa is your place.
Which County do you want to start your fruit bar business is? Get your inventory from the fruit market near you.
Location & Licences.
For the fruit bar business you’ll only need the food hygiene permit & a business permit for your physical location. Costs vary by County Government. But the average price of all licence should be Ksh. 10,000. Give or take.
Speaking of Physical locations; fruit bar businesses tend to do so well where there is a lot of foot traffic. What’s your target location – is it so close to a college, university, bus terminus or a string of other informal businesses? You should make a kill in such locations.
Packaging for Juice.
Whether you want to start a fruit juice business where people sit to be served or where fruit juices are packaged for take away; you’ll need to have disposable cups, lids & straws.
And here’s the catch – when you use these packaging materials, you can enhance your marketing by designing and printing your business name on the cups. It’s costly & it helps spread the word about your juice bar.
Plus, Kenyans appreciate if they can walk the streets sipping from straws of sweetness.
How to Start Fresh Juice Business in Kenya – Bar Staff.
Interestingly, you don’t need so many people to run a fruit bar. If anything, you’ll need an employee or two – for product supply & customer service within your new juice bar.
Benefits of starting a juice in Kenya.
High profits – While the only investment that you may have to put into this business is the money to buy equipment & the premise rent, profits guarantee in the end is very high. Always double or tripple the amount you use on fruits & vegetables. So you can easily make Ksh. 5,000 daily (juice bar profit margins) if you make juice worth Ksh. 5,000 of fruits & sell everything daily.
There is constant demand for juice in Kenya and it helps if you can make the best natural juice & retain a huge share of the market.
It takes a shorter time to get all your invested amount back & start earning pure profits.
You can easily blend the juice bar business with other small businesses – like cake sales, bottled water sales & other bakery products.
Summery – Total Cost Of Juice Bar Startup.
|Juice Bar Licences .||Cost – Ksh. 10,000 (Depends with County).|
|Location (Optional)||Most Kiosk Rents Cost Ksh. 7,000 (again depends on County).|
|Equipment – Blender – Buy commercial blenders for durability (You may need a juicer too) Optional. You can use ice to make your juice cool if your budget is limited for a fridge.||Cost – Ksh. 7,500.|
|Fruits.||Cost – Ksh 1000 (You will buy more depending on business growth).|
|Packaging materials (25 pieces of tumblers cost 318).||Cost. Ksh. 1,272.|
The Actual Cost of Starting up a Juice bar Business in Kenya is Ksh. 9,772 Only.
That’s if you start the business from home minus the license cost & all the other wants of the business.
More Business Ideas.
- How to Start a Bottled Water Business in Kenya.
- How to Start a Profitable Local Bar Business in Kenya.
- How to Start a Mitumba Retail Business in Kenya.
- The Ultimate Guide to Starting a Successful Agrovet Business in Kenya.
- How to start a LPG (Gas) Retail Business in Kenya.
- 21 Untapped Business Ideas for Budding Entrepreneurs in Kenya.
- How to Start a Photocopy business in Kenya | Cost and Startup Review.
- How to Start a Retail Pork Business in Kenya.
- 31 Small Business Ideas for Kenyans | Start With Ksh. 1,000 or Less.
- How to Start a Salon Business in Kenya — Cost and Start-up Review 2019.
- How to Start an Executive Barber Shop in Kenya | Cost Review & Benefits.
- How to Start an Mpesa Agent Shop | Cost Review & Commissions.
- 19 Small Business Ideas For Kenyan Millennial 2019.
- Start a Beauty Shop With Ksh. 2,000 to Make 5,000/= Daily.
- Juice Bar Startup in Kenya | Cost & Profits Review of 2019.
- How to Start a Car Hire Business in Kenya Without a Car.
- How to Start a Tents for Hire And Tents For Sale Business in Kenya.
- 2019 | Legit Online Jobs Without Investment That Pay Via Mpesa.
- Start a Small Bakery And Earn 2,000/= Daily Baking Cakes in 2019.
- Profitable Business to Start in Kenya to Make 2,000/= Daily in 2019.
Tagged With : Cost of opening a juice bar in Kenya • how to start a juice business • How to start a juice vending business in Kenya • juice bar business plan • juice bar business plan example • juice bar business plan sample • Juice bar profits • juice business opportunities • starting a cold press juice business • starting a fruit juice business in nigeria • starting a juice bar business plan • starting a juice business in kenya • starting your own juice bar business