While we all want our children to study, get better grades, go to universities, get jobs and help lift our societal status; not all tales of success come true.
While some students will score 400 plus marks and get admission to National schools, others won’t just make it past 100 marks. It is the way of life.
However, a child’s dreams of becoming an engineer, pilot, doctor or technician should not be decided by the marks they get in KCPE; agreed?
In my opinion, 100 marks is just as equal as 400 mark. Provided the child who scores 100 marks is given direction off the normal syllabus.
If you ask me, I’d say, don’t force these children into the 8-4-4 education system. Instead, give them alternative education.
And if you think alternative education is no education at all, why has the Kenyan government changed college diploma entry levels to accommodate trade test graduates?
Take your children to the nearest polytechnics, National Industrial Training Institutes or vocational training colleges and help them become somebody.
The best part about these courses is, you sometimes don’t even have to pay a coin for admission.
Through scholarship programs like the Tumaini scholarship, your child could be enrolled for vocational training for free.
That aside, lets shift focus on the: –
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
- Over 100 assets
- :Social trading
- :Technical analysis tools
- :Fast and efficient on any device
- :Instant access to trading
KCB Foundation Application Form for Secondary Schools 2020.
The objective of this program is to improve access and quality of education for needy students through the provision of scholarships, learning materials and improved public school infrastructure.
Requirement for The KCB Scholarship
To qualify for a KCB Scholarship;
- The applicant must come from a needy home
- The applicant must attain the prescribed county cut off marks in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination
- The applicant must have a calling latter to a national or county/ex-county secondary school
To access a KCB Foundation scholarship;
- Applicants collect application forms at any KCB Branch countrywide. The forms are available in the branches starting 1st December
- Applicants submit their applications in a county interview and selection process
- The interviews are conducted by KCB staff teams
- Applicants with disability are recruited through the county social development offices and integrated /special primary schools
- Home visits are conducted to verify the needy status of the shortlisted candidates
- Selected candidates are assigned to individual mentors and begin school
The KCB Scholarship package entails:
- Payment of school fees for the 4 years of secondary school
- Support for personal effects, learning materials and assistive devices for students with disability
- Quarterly one-on-one mentorship sessions with KCB branch staff and an annual holiday mentorship programme
- Internship and employment opportunities during and after the university studies
- Equitable distribution across the counties and gender balance is sought to ensure both boys and girls benefit from the programme.