I can’t emphasis this enough. Weekend trading is as much profitable as weekdays trading. But of course if you only know what to trade, how to trade and when to trade. Which you will all learn on this post with the help of a special oscillator, the Commodity Channel Index (CCI).
Ever used it before?
Well, the Commodity Channel Index (CCI) is an oscillator used in everyday trading to identify trend reversal points.
The CCI gives accurate trading signals which when used well can help you win repeatedly on your preferred broker platform.
For the sake of description and demonstration of how this oscillator works, we will use Olymp Trade.
If you have an Olymp Trade Trading account, login on a new tab to follow along as we describe the steps.
If you are new to trading and don’t have an account yet, create one here so you’re not left behind.
- 1 Detailing the Commodity Channel Index Oscillator.
- 2 Reading the Commodity Channel Index Signals.
- 3 What Does an Overbought Condition Mean in CCI?
- 4 Open an UP Trade if Oversold Conditions are Met on CCI.
- 5 How to Use Divergence Signals to Open Winning Trades in any Direction.
- 6 What is a divergence signal on the Commodity Channel Index Oscillator?
- 7 Other Commodity Channel Index (CCI) Signals That also Show Price Increase.
- 8 Alternative CCI signals that depict a downward trend in Olymp Trade.
- 9 How to use the CCI Oscillator to Earn $200 in Olymp Trade.
- 10 More Trading Strategies.
Detailing the Commodity Channel Index Oscillator.
CCI consists of one line which changes the direction depending on the price movement on the charts.
To aid with reading signals, price levels are marked as 100, 200 and -100, -200. Signals are given when the CCI line crosses the price levels.
Use the standard settings on the CCI to analyse signals with this oscillator.
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
Otherwise you can change the color and thickness of the CCI line as shown below.
Reading the Commodity Channel Index Signals.
CCI basically generates the signals that indicate a trend reversal: oversold, overbought and a divergence.
The second group of the CCI signals is alternative. They indicate a continuation of the trend.
What Does an Overbought Condition Mean in CCI?
Overbought is a condition of an asset when its price crushes and is expected to decline.
If the CCI line is higher than 100, the asset is overbought.
You can check this condition on your CCI oscillator just below your chart. Of course after activating it.
As a rule of thumb, a trend reversal follows on an overbought asset.
If the oscillator has crossed the 100 level from top to bottom, the asset price is expected to fall.
Open a Down Trade.
Open an UP Trade if Oversold Conditions are Met on CCI.
Oversold is a condition of an asset when its price drops rapidly and is expected to rise.
If the Commodity Channel Index (CCI) line is lower than -100, the asset is oversold.
As a rule of thumb for CCI, a trend reversal follows an oversold asset.
If the oscillator has crossed the -100 level from the bottom up, the asset price is expected to rise.
Open an UP Trade.
How to Use Divergence Signals to Open Winning Trades in any Direction.
What is a divergence signal on the Commodity Channel Index Oscillator?
Divergence is the discrepancy between the indicator movement and the price chart.
As a rule, the divergence indicates a possible trend reversal.
If the price chart sets a new maximum, and CCI is at the same level or drops, we can expect a downward price movement.
Likewise, if the price sets a new minimum, and CCI is at the same level or increases, we can expect the price to go up.
Other Commodity Channel Index (CCI) Signals That also Show Price Increase.
Look for these three signals to open an UP trade with confidence.
- A clear uptrend on the chart.
- The CCI line has crossed 100 from the bottom up.
- The last candle closed in green and a new one is forming in the same color.
Alternative CCI signals that depict a downward trend in Olymp Trade.
Look for these three signals to open a DOWN trade with confidence.
- A clear downtrend on the chart.
- The CCI line has crossed -100 from top to bottom.
- The last candle closed in red and a new one is forming in the same color.
How to use the CCI Oscillator to Earn $200 in Olymp Trade.
Now that you have a working oscillator and you know how to read the signals, it is time to introduce you to other parameters that will help you win consistently.
- Make a deposit of at least $200 to your trading account.
- Set your trading chart to Japanese candlesticks.
- Set your time frames from 1 hour or longer.
- Activate the Commodity Channel Index oscillator on your chart.
- You can also activate another indicator (say the RSI) to confirm the trend.
- Pick a signal with these tools (as shown above).
- Enter your trading amount (preferably $6 per trade)
- Trade on the direction of your signal.
Repeat till you hit your $200 profit mark.
More Trading Strategies.
- Money and Risk Management in Olymp Trade.
- Reflection Trading Strategy to Olymp Trade.
- Early Start Trading Strategy in Olymp Trade
- Predatory Look Trading Strategy
- How to Leverage Olymp Trade’s CCI tool to Earn up to $200 on Weekends.
- Stripped Clouds Trading Strategy | Is this the Best Strategy to Trade the Corona Situation?
- Is it Possible to Earn $15 Per Hour With the Candlestick Pattern Trading Strategy?
- MACD Professional Strategy.
- Trio Trading Strategy.
- Quick Turn Trading Strategy.
- Support and Resistance | Use This Effective Strategy to Make Quality Orders in Olymp Trade.