Listen to this post
Perfect Money was founded in 2008 and incorporated in Switzerland. It is a digital currency service that allows people to carry out instant financial transactions over the internet.
Perfect Money calls itself a new generation of the internet payment system.
Perfect Money allows you to;
- Transfer money online between members
- Receive payments on various business projects on the internet.
- Make regular payments on the internet
- Save funds on an online account and get interest
- Buy goods and services over the internet
- Buy bitcoin, Gold metal and currency online
To access money from Perfect Money through M-Pesa, you need to follow these steps;
Step 1: Preliminaries
To use Perfect Money M-Pesa services, you first need to have a Perfect Money account and M-Pesa account.
If you do not have a Perfect Money account, create one in this way;
- Go to Perfect Money website and access its Sign up Page.
- Fill in the form provided by the prompts with the correct details.
- Read and agree to the terms of service.
- Click on “Sign Up” to complete the process
If you do not have an M-Pesa account, create one this way;
- Ensure you have a Kenyan ID or passport card and Safaricom phone sim Card.
- Register for M-Pesa using these guidelines.
- Activate your M-Pesa.
Step 2: Verify Perfect Money account
To verify your account, you need to provide three things; Proof of identity, address, and telephone number verification.
Proof of identity: – You need to make a digital copy of your national ID, national/ international passport or driver’s license in high resolution.
Use the most common formats such a jpg, jpeg, png or pdf. These documents are verified within 1-2 business days.
Proof of address: – For this step, you need to provide a copy of your utility bill or any other bill you receive monthly with your name, address, and date on it.
To quicken the process, you could send in your utility bill along with your proof of identity.
Telephone number verification: – Fill in your phone number in the international format and click on verify. In one minute, you will receive a call with a confirmation code.
Key in the code and complete verification.
Step 3: Convert Perfect Money to Kenyan shillings
After you have verified your account, you can now attempt to withdraw funds from Perfect Money to M-Pesa.
These are the steps you will have to follow;
- Check how much you have in your account. You will only be able to withdraw from Perfect Money the amount that is in your account or less.
- Click on the “Buy” button the E-currency you would like to purchase.
- Then click on the E-currency you would like to sell with Perfect Money, in this case, KES.
- Make sure to note the exchange currency rate used. 1 The Kenyan shilling is approximately 0.0098 USD which means that to withdraw 100 Kenyan shillings, you would have to withdraw 1 USD.
- Add the mobile money number you would like to send funds to, keying in ” Safaricom M-Pesa Kenya as the bank.
- Enter the amount you would like and where the funds will be sent.
- Confirm every detail.
Step 4: Withdraw from M-Pesa
Your transaction will take 10 minutes to 24 hours. On completion, you will receive a notification message from M-Pesa stating that the transaction was successful. You are then free to use your money locally as you see the best fit.
To withdraw money from M-Pesa, what you need to do is
- Go to the nearest M-Pesa agent
- Go your Sim Toolkit to access Safaricom services
- Click on M-Pesa
- Go to your M-Pesa menu and choose the option, “Withdraw money”
Then enter the amount you wish to withdraw, the number of the nearest M-Pesa agent and wait for a text to confirm the transaction. You will be handed your exact amount.
Alternatively, you could use the “Lipa na M-Pesa ” option in the M-Pesa menu to pay for goods or services acquired.
Perfect Money transfer charges are low depending on the kind of account you own.
They charge a transfer fee of 2% of the total amount for unverified users and 0.5% of the total amount for verified users.
For M-Pesa transactions, the standard M-Pesa withdrawal and transfer rates apply.
It is also important to note that the maximum amount that M-Pesa can hold is 100,000 Kenyan shillings and the maximum daily transaction value is 140,000 Kenyan shillings.
Each transaction should not be above 70,000 Kenyan shillings.
Also, you cannot withdraw less than 50 Kenyan shillings at an outlet.
M-Pesa has gone miles in making e-commerce easy for Kenyans. With easy access to the digital currency, Kenyans are more flexible when trading online and can withdraw easily. With more partnerships like M-Pesa and Perfect money, there is no stopping when it comes to seeking out opportunities financially internationally.