Twice I have been paid $1,000 to post something on TikTok. Twice I have taken the money and completed those tasks.
If you asked me, these $1000 dollar cheques issued for my TikTok videos in May remain the easiest cheques I have made with my phone in 2021.
And of course, there are infinite chances that I will get more paid gigs for TikTok and I will continue to earn in spite of the fact that my TikTok account is yet to undergo puberty.
How would you like to also start earning with TikTok?
Yea, you can’t wait?
Before you get to the earning stage though, you must first create an account in order to post your first video on TikTok
In this blog post, I will show you just that.
How to create an account on TikTok and how to post your first video on TikTok.
By the time you finish reading this post, I hope you will have created your TikTok account and posted your first video.
Getting started | How to create an account on TikTok.
Creating an account on TikTok should be easy.
In fact, if you have a smartphone and a connection to the internet then you should just be as ready as it gets to create an account on this revolutionary short videos platform.
But, before going that route, think again. Is this what you want?
Do you just want a TikTok account or a TikTok account that makes money?
Note that these two things are different.
You should not create an account on TikTok because the sign-up process is easy?
Rather, you should sign up because you have done your research and you have a strategic plan that guarantees growth and reward.
Below are a few things to consider before signing up on TikTok.
- Is TikTok allowed in your country?
- Do you intend to use TikTok for fun or for business?
- Which video ideas do you have in mind?
- Can you keep up with TikTok?
- Create a TikTok account.
1. Is TikTok allowed in your country?
Technically, TikTok is global.
It was built to operate in all the countries of the world except China which already had a similar app called Douyin.
Years down the line, Indonesia, the US, and Bangladesh have attempted to ban TikTok for various reasons. And, only India and Pakistan have succeeded to keep TikTok from operating within their borders.
Do you live in India or Pakistan?
Here’s the bad news.
You can not use TikTok in your country.
If you live anywhere else in the world, continue reading to find out more about getting started with TikTok.
2. Do you intend to use TikTok for fun or for business?
Defining how you wish to use TikTok should help you decide which account type to go for.
While the standard account that you get when you sign up for TikTok is cool and has thousands of common things with the business account; it is only with the business account that your brand will get recognized and scaled faster.
This is made possible through
- TikTok’s unique engagement solutions for business.
- Real-time performance tracking for business.
- And Tiktok’s ability to recognize1 and post relevant content and trends
If your TikTok account is primarily for promoting products and services then TikTok business is the way to go get your brand in front of the platform’s over 800 million monthly users.
But if you just want to be part of trends and to have fun then the standard account is good enough.
How to create an account in TikTok.
- Head over to play store or app store to download the app for FREE.
- Now sign up for TikTok by creating an account with either your phone number, email address, Facebook, Google, or Twitter.
- Once the account is created, go ahead and follow other accounts.
- Now make your own videos to get started (keep reading to learn how to create your first video on TikTok).
3. Which video ideas do you have in mind?
Creating an account is just the first step to getting started on TikTok.
After creating your account you will need to feed it with video content and engage with other users for your account to grow.
But you don’t want to post just about any other video?
In order to succeed with TikTok, you will need to have a niche. Whether for a personal brand or for your business.
Some of the most popular niches on TikTok include: –
- Arts and crafts
- Couple goals
Whichever niche you choose, make sure to incorporate these viral video ideas to attract more followers and to get more views fast.
a. Create videos around popular social media challenges.
If your account is new and you would like to get more TikTok followers so fast, then why not participate in social media challenges in your niche?
If there is none, consider creating your own challenge and hope it goes viral.
b. Do video-based trending Hashtags.
Another quicker way to get more views on your new TikTok account is to make videos on trending topics.
What’s the political scene in your country like today? What’s your favorite celebrity trending for today?
Borrow a leaf from similar videos that have gone viral in the past and create your video-based trending hashtag for the situation.
It’s needless to say that your video will be viewed and liked since you are copying already popular trends.
Other TikTok ideas to get more followers in 2022
- Go live on TikTok when you reach 1000 followers.
- Capture your daily life on video and share on TikTok.
- Make tutorials for anything.
- Collaborate with TikTok influencers.
- Try doing makeover videos.
- Do science experiments.
- Try voiceovers.
- Do calming videos.
- Make art
- Post cute animals.
4. Can you keep up with TikTok?
You will not just post a video or two on TikTok and become famous instantly.
Neither will you be able to make fast money on the platform by posting several videos without a monetization plan.
Either way, you need followers and you need people to view your videos.
If you ask me how to do all that, I’ll say, try to keep up with TikTok trends.
a. Find out about TikTok Hashtags and keep using them. Try using the most popular TikTok tags, general tags, hashtags for funny content, and more.
b. Try to upload longer videos of up to 3 minutes.
c. Try dancing TikTok recommended moves or using trending sounds.
And it won’t just be one dance move or song, they’ll be many. Try to keep up with the recommendations.
How to Post Your First Video on TikTok.
Now that we have looked at how to create a new account on TikTok and considered what it takes to make a new account successful and profitable, it’s now time to review posting the first video on TikTok.
How fast and easy is the entire process?
Let’s find out.
- Access your TikTok account via the TikTok mobile app that we downloaded earlier or via any browser.
- Click on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen.
- Pick a recording time for your video. You can choose to record from between 15 seconds to 3 minutes.
- Click on the red circular button at the bottom of the screen to begin recording.
- Now click on the smaller red button with a tick at the bottom to move to other editing options.
- Now click next.
- Add a description to your video and a cover and click on post.
Learn more about publishing your first TikTok video here.
Also, Read – How to Make Money With TikTok.