In 2014 I started my first company in Kenya. Fintoe Mega Solution Kenya Limited. I aimed to get government contracts. And to raise Ksh. 1,000,000 within the year. Because how else can a 25-year-old in Kenya get rich if he doesn’t raise money with government projects?
I immediately created my company profile; got an AGPO certificate to bypass the usual two to three years audited accounts requirement for tendering processes; then I submitted my documents for pre-qualification .
After paperwork and the submission of financial proposals, I won the bid on my first contact.
The tender to build a county nursery school classroom in Nyawita market. Kisumu.
This project was however opposed by hawkers who were hesitant to leave the market and we moved to Muhoroni. Interestingly, I learned everything I know about tendering – on the job.
But to be even more specific, I learned that it is actually easy to raise money on short notice than most people imagine.
9 Easy Ways to Raise So Much Money in Less Than a Week
1. Raise Money Through LPO Financing
Securing the building tender wasn’t so much of a task. The difficult part laid on raising enough funds to get the project off the ground. And to show the county government that they’d made the right decision in tossing this tender my way.
So what did I do?
I approached my Bank; showed them my LPO and gave them enough reason not to decline my proposal — I staked collateral.
In a week I received a sum of Ksh. 700,000 to execute the first phase of the project.
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
- Over 100 assets
- :Social trading
- :Technical analysis tools
- :Fast and efficient on any device
- :Instant access to trading
Kisumu County government would disburse its share of the project fees after inspection. The story goes that LPO financing made a whole difference in how I executed the project.
Do you have an LPO which needs urgent financing?
Why not contact KCB bank for details. I’m sure they’ll laugh out the money so fast. Of course after confirming the genuinity of your LPO.
2. Take a Personal Loan of Ksh. 100,000
When you need so much money so fast, the number one option which comes to mind is to take a personal loan.
It helps when you are employed because then you can access up to Ksh. 4,000,000 of personal unsecured loan in Kenya. And as little as Ksh. 100,000 payable in 72 months.
3. Borrow Money From Friends & Family
Sometimes when you need to raise money fast, ask your friends for help.
Come on, your friends can easily lend you Ksh. 100,000. Almost instantly.
But if they won’t give the entire amount, be creative; reduce your ask, and seek from more friends.
You will be amazed by how much you raise by the end of the day.
However, if borrowing from family members, try to be cautious, some family members are very evil.
Maybe just as evil as “Jayce Barnes” a character in a book which I’m currently reading on Kindle – Wicked Favor.
Jayce loans his sister Trista Barnes $25,000 for the surgery of their niece.
And when the repayment is delayed – because of unavoidable circumstances, he (Jayce) beatsTrista up and forces her to borrow the entire amount from a Shylock. To Repay him.
It gets interesting that the Shylock/businessman is Jayce’s bitter friend/business associate “Jameson.” (Jameson caught Jayce in Bed with his Wife).
You should read this book. It’s good. And currently a free to read on Kindle.
My point is, much as you can be pushed to the corner to raise money from your friends or relatives, be clear on repayment. It can wreck your relationship.
4. Withdraw Interests Gained on Your Savings Plan or Money Market Fund Account
If you are an adult of sound mind with clear financial goals and focus; then you must already know that adults save money for rainy days.
In Kenya, there are thousands of savings plans and money market funds that help you grow money while you continue to save.
Ideally, these companies accept as little as one dollar of savings.
And because Ksh. 100 sometimes won’t make the desired impact if saved independently, for years; funds are pooled and invested on assets with high yielding interest rates.
Like Treasury bills and Treasury bonds.
Interests are compounded yearly and members with good savings earn millions in return. You can withdraw your money when you want. No restrictions whatsoever.
The Best Money Market Funds in Kenya Include: – (click to tweet)
- Amana Capital
- Britam Balanced Fund
- Britam Unit Trust
- Zimele Money Market Trust Fund
- CIC Money Market Fund
- Madison Asset Money Market Fund
Money market funds also act as security for when you need to raise money for anything – emergency, charity, startup, or business, you are secured.
5. Raise Ksh. 100,000 By Selling Your Property
Other Times, the reason why people need to raise money fast is to offset loans that they took to finance other property or assets.
Normally, if the deadline is not met, the purchased asset falls back to the financier as per the lending agreement.
However, clever borrowers can approach this with an open mind and salvage a part of their investment if not all of it.
Want my advice advise on how to do that?
If you are dealing with a bank; request them to legally allow you to sell the property. (The buyer should agree with the plan too). Channel all the cash received from the sale to the account with debt. Let your bank deduct what you owe.
You’ll not only get out of debt but salvage part of the money you would have lost. Sometimes with profits.
This is a win-win situation.
Plus, you can do it in a week if you are selling at a price slightly lower rate than the market price.
6. Raise Ksh. 100,000 in One Week With M-changa
Hospital bills, funeral budgets, birthday budget, charity, non-profit, business… name it. Whatever you need to raise Ksh. 100,000 for, just plead with Kenyans for help and you will get support from over and beyond.
How is that even possible?
Register on the Mchanga – a crowdfunding website, share what you need the money for, and wait for well-wishers to help you raise the funds over a short period.
A couple raised KES 50,626 for their wedding. A family raised KES 29,270 for their daughter’s birthday. And another raised KES 207,350 towards their loved one’s medical fund.
Did I already mention that in 2017 I also raised around Ksh? 30,000 in 3 days towards my mother’s funeral? Yes, I did.
7. Raise Ksh. 100,000 or More With The Go Get Funding Campaign
An alternative to Mchanga is the go get funding campaign. But, you can also raise money on both platforms if you want to.
So far, successful campaigns run by Kenyans have been: –
- A funding campaign to build Ngong’ Clinic. The campaigners raised $1,235 of donor funds.
- A campaign to raise funds for a child’s education. Raised $945.
Read other success stories of go get funding in Kenya on the website’s landing page for Kenya.
8. Take Profits From Your Businesses
If you have a business that makes around Ksh. 14,285.71 in daily profits then why not just spend the profits for a week and call that your “salary in advance?”
Well, for a business that makes that much money daily, you can easily raise Ksh. 100,000 in a week without any problems.
But which are these businesses, and how much do you need to start running them?
I guess it is because they started earlier. And have been enjoying monopoly till lately.
For a business that require little or, no capital to start yet can be used to raise Ksh. 1000,000 in less than a week; read 9 Work at Home Jobs With Consistent Gigs & Lucrative Pay
9. Take Profits From Your Digital Options Account
Last year when I was struggling with debts I used Olymp Trade Option to raise Ksh. 502,000. I started trading with $30 and made so much in under 2 hours.
Disclaimer: Your funds may be at risk.
However, if you want to try to make money online you can create an account with Olymp Trade. Deposit a minimum of $10. And trade with as little as $1.
If you find trouble loading your account direct with Visa; open a Skrill Account on skrill.com.
The other advantage of skrill is, withdrawals only take 24 hours.
So, how much money can you raise trading in Olymp Trade? Ksh. 100,000? Ksh. 200,000? It depends on how good the market conditions are.
Join Olymp Trade.
More Ways to Make Money Online
- How to Build a Website With $59 And Sell for Ksh. 300,000 in 5 Months
- 7 Easy Ways to Make Money Fast | Close to No Investment Needed
- Kenyan Bloggers Making Ksh. 1 M Monthly | Kenyans.co.ke in The List
- How I Earn Ksh. 100,000 Monthly Blogging in Kenya
- 7 Ideal Startup Ideas That Will Make You Rich Overnight
- Make $1,000 Monthly While Living in Nairobi Without a Job
- Free Freelance Writing Course | Move From Earning $1.5 to $100 Per Post
- Start an eCommerce Business in Kenya With Ksh. 1,599
- Use These Tips, Tricks, And Cheats to Win More in Expert Option
- How to Earn $30,000 Yearly By Doing Online Freelance Proofreading Jobs
- 10 Easy Ways to Land Your First Writing Job Online
- 17 Easy Ways to Make Money on the Internet
- I’ll Show You How to Make $30,000 Yearly Doing These Legit Online Jobs
- 11 Internet Marketing Sites to Pitch for a Paid Guest Posting Opportunity
- Online Jobs | 9 Blogs That Pay Freelance Online Writers for Guest Posts
- 9 Easy Ways to Raise Ksh. 100,000 in Less Than a Week
- 9 Work at Home Jobs With Consistent Gigs & Lucrative Pay
- Freelance Writing | How I Earn $200 Regularly as a Travel Writer