Are you a new trader in Olymp trade?
Have you been trying to make money trading but each time you stake real money you end up with a negative balance?
Here’s some relief for you. The simplest trading strategy for newbie traders. Ever tried it on your charts?
This strategy involves using moving averages to pick signals and the famous martingale strategy to manage and conserve trading capital.
Seems like something you want to try?
Let’s dive right in, shall we?
The Martingale Trading strategy based on Moving average crossovers.
The Martingale Trading strategy based on Moving average crossovers is most recommended to Olymp Trade Newbies.
This is a method of trading that involves increasing your trade size when you lose and halving your trade size when you win.
Moving average crossovers on the other hand is a strategy where two moving averages of different periods are used on a chart. If the smaller period moving average crosses the larger period moving average, the price is most likely to move in the direction of the crossover. Exponential Moving averages are most preferable because they refer to the most recent prices in their action.
How to set up your chart in readiness for the simple trading strategy for newbies.
- Login to your Olymp Trade account.
- Set your chart type to Candlesticks.
- Set the trade duration to 2 to 3 times the candlestick time frame.
(If for example, your candlestick time frame is 5 minutes, let your trade duration be 10-15 minutes)
- Apply an Exponential Moving Average of say 9 periods on your chart.
- Apply another Exponential Moving Average of say 21 periods on your chart.
Your chart is ready for trading.
You now need to begin executing trades as the strategy dictates to make money in Olymp Trade. How do you combine the Martingale Trading Strategy with Moving average crossovers then?
Just about to find out.
Focus on the Exponential Moving Averages. Observe how they move, how they behave, the directions they point towards.
They may either be pointing towards an upward direction or a downward direction. If the Exponential Moving Averages point upwards, they imply that the price is in an upward trend. If conversely, they point downwards, they imply that the price is in a downward trend.
Upward trends are associated with Buy signals while a downward trend with Sell signals. How to buy or sell profitably is now where the Martingale strategy comes in.
Consider to enter a Buy position if the following conditions are met;
- The two Exponential Moving Averages are pointing upward.
- The 9 period EMA crosses the 21 period EMA from below upwards and continues up.
Consider to enter a Sell position if the following conditions are met;
- The two Exponential Moving Averages are pointing downward.
- The 9 period EMA crosses over the 21 period EMA from above downward and continues downwards.
The reason we say that we need to buy if the EMAs point up and the crossover occurs upwards is simple.
The trend is upwards as hinted by the direction of the EMAs and it has also been confirmed by the upward crossover that the trend is actually upwards.
In that case, there are higher chances of the price going up in an uptrend than the prices going down. Even though there may be retracements here and there, the overall effect will be the rise of the price according to the trend.
The same thing applies if a downtrend is hinted by the EMAs and confirmed by a downward crossover. There are higher chances of the price continuing to fall in a downtrend that rising. Retracements will see defeat and the downtrend will be preserved.
Now you know when to Buy and When to sell, don’t you?
There is another dimension that you need to understand as a newbie. You may win trades yes. There is also the possibility of losing.
I know you didn’t see that coming, did you?
Realize that losing is part of the game just as winning is. Actually most traders lose all their profits in unsuccessful trades. As if that is not enough, unsuccessful trades continue to eat into their accounts until all capital is lost.
I would never wish such over any trader but success. In order to survive the unforgiving markets, pay attention to this.
Introducing the Martingale strategy.
Remember the opening sentence of this post, we said the martingale involves doubling your trade size if you lose and halving it if you win. It may at least conserve your capital if it won’t maximize your profitability.
This is how to incorporate your knowledge of when to buy/sell with how to buy/sell trading an asset with a return of 80% using an $80 account. Of course with the Martingale strategy at play.
- Wait for conditions of a signal to be met (look for EMA crossovers and direction).
- Buy Conditions are met and you enter a Buy position with say $10.
- At expiration, let us assume you win – you pocket $8 plus your invested $10.
- Because you won, Martingale implies that you trade with the same amount as the initial.
- Wait for another signal and don’t rush.
- Let us say the conditions of a Sell signal are met.
- Enter a Sell position fearlessly.
- At Expiration, let us assume you lost – Unlucky this time you lost $10.
- Do you know what Martingale implies when you lose? Double that trade size to $20 and try again.
- Wait for another signal.
- This time a Buy signal comes up and you Buy.
- This time your prediction was correct and you won – you pocket $16 plus your invested $20.
- Because it is Martingale, you go back to the initial investment amount $10 and wait for a signal.
- A Sell signal comes up and you Sell, ending up in a win – a whole $8 plus your $10 into your account.
What is the net effect on your account? You only lost $20 while gaining $32. This is a positive net effect of $12! This brings your account to $92.
Wrapping up | Simple Trading Strategy for Olymp Trade Newbies.
This is a simple strategy to keep you going as a newbie on Olymp Trade. You don’t need complex strategies to begin trading.
- Trade with $1
- Earn up to 90% profits
- Easy deposits
- Fast withdrawals