Verifying your skrill account can be the most stressful task that you ever have to do online.
Especially if you just made a huge deposit to your account – which was gladly accepted — only to be told that you no longer have freedom with your account and money.
At least until you verify your skrill account.
Skrill account verification is done by uploading either of these documents online via your skrill dashboard: –
- Utility bills (for heating, electricity, water, cable, landline telephone, sewer, gas, etc.),
- An original printed statement from your financial institution (bank, credit/debit card, mortgage, insurance, investments – please note that we do not accept statements from purely online financial institutions),
- A signed and stamped letter from your financial institution confirming your account with them, your address, and your full name,
- Any government-issued correspondence (including tax documents, court documents),
- Your valid identity document, as long as it contains the address registered on your Skrill account.
But uploading the documents isn’t even the difficult part; it’s quick. Click to apply for Skrill Account
Stress settles in when you have scanned and sent utility bills; sent bank statements, uploaded a signed and stamped letter from your bank confirming that you own your local bank account.
Send them your government-issued identity documents and they still insist that they can’t verify your identity.
Then you wonder, what the f**k?
Do these people want me in person in London to verify my identity?
Because what else can you send them to be verified if you have exhausted their list of verification options and they still insist you verify your account?
Let’s just be honest,
What else can guarantee your Skrill verification if your government-issued passport won’t!
In a quest to answer this question and more – after my account verification documents were rejected almost 10 times; I tried this confidential document and it worked…. continue reading
Your Skrill Account Won’t Be Verified if: –
- The uploaded documents don’t contain the address registered on your skrill account
- The statements are perceived not to be original – this happens when the original documents are printed in black and white – upload colored documents and they might be approved first.
- Most transactions on your bank statements are Mpesa transactions – skrill does not accept statements from purely online financial institutions hence their reason to reject statements with more Mpesa deposits than direct bank deposits and withdrawals.
- The date shown on your documents is past 90 days
What Skrill Needs to Verify Your Account.
These are some of the requirements to check before uploading documents.
Match them and you will be verified in less than 24 hours.
- The document should be issued within the last 90 days.
- The full page of your document displaying all outer corners of the paper should be submitted.
- The document should contain your full name, current address, and document issue date. The issuing company’s name and logo should be visible.
- Тhe document should be submitted in a *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.bmp, *.gif, *.png or *.pdf file format.
- Skrill cannot accept screenshots. Please submit a copy of the original document.
How I Had My Skrill Account Verified in 3 Hours
When last month I opened my skrill dashboard and noticed that my account had been restricted for all transactions reason being;
I had reached my second verification limit, I quickly tried the verification by Geo method hoping it worked.
Because come on, using the Skrill Geolocation tool is the easiest way to instantly verify your skrill account, or is it?
Turns out Kenya is not among the countries that can use this tool for verification. It failed.
At which point I visited my bank and had them print my bank statements for 3 months.
I uploaded them to skrill and the statements too were rejected for some of the reasons specified above.
I went back to the bank after three days and got a letter confirming my account with them – stamped and dated.
This letter was also rejected
Suffice it to say that I had helped a friend with the same process and succeeded in a day.
She is with Sidian bank.
I started getting stressed and worried. But I wasn’t gonna let my money just lie there without a clue of when I’d get it back?
So I kept trying.
Each time uploading a different bank statement, a different utility bill, a cable bill, and more.
It even reached a point that I even sent them my Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) PIN certificate which by the way has my residential address and the name of the building I live in.
If Skrill wanted to confirm if I’m real, they would have googled the building and sent drones to confirm if I truly live here.
And I swear they’d have seen me waving at them from the balcony of my house. Provided they hit me up in advance and asked me to do it.
But these people Skrill decided to do me another injustice.
They rejected my KENYAN GOVERNMENT ISSUED KRA PIN.
A document which by the way doesn’t just give them unlimited rights to know where I live; but also has my roots.
KRA is the only official Kenyan document that links me to my parents, siblings, grandparents, my great grandparents; and to be specific, my great-great-grandma Domtilah Ochieng Wahindi
She died at 110+ may her soul rest in eternal peace…
Yet these people SKRILL did not see its value.
They sent me the same old system-generated Email – your uploaded document is rejected.
If these Emails were being delivered by a mail-boy, I’d have punched him in the face at delivering this last letter to reject my KRA.
At least then I’d be even with Skrill. I still hold a huge grudge against their system.
As a last resort, I logged in to my tax account and requested to be sent my tax compliance certificate which I uploaded to Skrill one more time then I received this Email
Until next time.
What was your worst experience with Skrill verification?
Leave a comment below.
Tagged With : how can i verify my skrill account • how do i verify my skrill account • how long does it take for skrill to verify • how long does it take for skrill to verify account • how long does it take skrill to verify • how long does it take to verify skrill account • how long does skrill take to verify • how long skrill takes to verify • how much time skrill take to verify • how to verify a skrill account • how to verify my skrill account • How to verify my skrill account in Kenya • how to verify perfect money account • how to verify skrill • how to verify skrill account • how to verify skrill account 2020 • how to verify skrill account in india • how to verify skrill account in kenya • how to verify skrill account in nigeria • I can't verify my skrill account • skrill can't verify my location • skrill how to verify account • Skrill verification Kenya • skrill verify • skrill verify address • skrill verify identity • verify my skrill account • Verify Skrill account • verifying skrill account