Average directional movement index, (also ADX) is a trend tool used to show the strength of the trend (upwards/downwards) and to find trend reversal points.
But those aren’t the only uses of ADX, you can also use it to determine price volatility and to identify the best assets to trade on at a given time.
What makes the ADX indicator?
ADX consists of three lines.
- +DI – used to identify entry points.
- -DI also used to identify entry points.
- And the mainline (ADX line) which shows the strength of a trend.
How to Activate the ADX Trend Tool in IQ Option.
Login to IQ option if you already have a trading account.
- Now, locate and click on the indicator tool.
- Move your cursor to trend then click on the Average directional movement index to activate ADX.
Also Read: – How To Open an IQ Option Demo Account For Beginners.
It is recommended that you keep the indicator’s standard settings to period 14. You can change the colors of +DI, -DI and the ADX line if you want to.
Your chart should look like this.
How to Read Trading Signals on IQ Option’s ADX Indicator.
When you see the ADX line rising; know there’s an upward trend getting stronger. You’ll also notice that the +DI line rises higher above the -DI line to confirm the ascending trend.
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
On the flip-side, when the ADX line falls, take that as a signal to a stronger downtrend. Check that the -DM line is higher than the +DM line to confirm the descending trend.
Open a Down Trade if: –
- -DI and +DI intersect – such that -DI is higher than +DI.
- The second condition should be that the ADX line is moving upward as in the image above.
Open an Up Trade if: –
- -DI and +DI intersect – such that -DI is lower than +DI.
- The second condition should be that the ADX line is moving upward as shown in the image below.