Weighted Moving Average (also WMA) is a trend indicator used to average the price of financial instruments on trading platforms.
It is a member of the Moving Average family. And like all the other moving averages, it helps identify trend directions showing relevant trend reversal point.
would easily confuse it to SMA or EMA – especially if you are just seeing it for the first time.
Here’s the differential point:
Unlike all the other moving averages, WMA assigns a certain rating (a weight) for each price – adding significance to more recent data points. This makes it the best in the family for analyzing recent prices and for reacting quickly to changes in asset prices.
How to Activate the WMA Indicator in Olymp Trade.
If you already have a trading account, login and follow the instructions below to activate the indicator.
- Now locate the indicator button on your chart to view all indicators.
- Scroll to WMA and click on it once to activate.
Maintain the indicator at period 14 and only change the colors/thickness if you need to.
The moving average period is the number of closing prices on which it is built.
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
- Over 100 assets
- :Social trading
- :Technical analysis tools
- :Fast and efficient on any device
- :Instant access to trading
Opening Quality Trades in Olymp Trade with the WMA Indicator.
There are a number of things which you need to ensure are in place before opening any directional trade with WMA.
The first thing which you need to confirm is if there is a clear trend on the asset you are trading. WMA is known to clearly show trends.
The second thing you need to be keen in is the intersection points between WMA and the chart.
- If the moving average crosses the chart from the top going down, consider that your signal to open a down trade.
- Similarly, if there is a bottom up intersection of the WMA to your chart, consider that a signal to open an UP trade.
More Indicators in Olymp Trade.
- How to Use the Donchian Channel to Earn up to 82% Profits in Olymp Trade.
- How to Apply and use the Gator Oscillator in Olymp Trade.
- Aroon Oscillator | is this the best tool for Trading in Olymp Trade?
- How to use the Momentum Oscillator to Find Entry Points in Olymp Trade
- Beginners Guide for using the WMA Indicator to Place Quality Orders in Olymp Trade
- Is Stochastic Indicator the Best tool for Trading on Mondays? Let’s Find Out.
- How to use Detrended Price Oscillator to Trade in Olymp Trade.
- How to use the “Rate of Change” Oscillator to Pick Trend Reversal Points in Olymp Trade.
- Using Exponential Moving Average (EMA) to Pick Trends in Olymp Trade.
- How to Use the DeMaker Trading Tool to Improve the Quality of your Orders in Olymp Trade.
- How to Use Test Candlesticks to Enhance Your Orders in Olymp Trade.
- 6 Bearish Candlestick Patterns That Show Continuing Downtrend in Olymp Trade.
- 6 Bullish Candlestick Patterns to Look Out for While Trading.
- Parabolic SAR | The Easiest Way to Pick Trading Direction in Olymp Trade.
- How to Pick Entry Points in Olymp Trade With Bollinger Bands.
- How to Use Olymp Trade SMA Trend Indicators to Win More.
- Fibonacci Retracement | How to Enhance Your Forecasts in Olymp Trade.
- How to use the RSI to Find Entry Points in Olymp Trade.