You need money to make money… But, is this statement entirely true?
Whatever you believe, I’ll try to convince you otherwise with this post.
My point? Using money to make money is a myth! You can make money without money in 2022.
Let’s get started, shall we?
How to Make Money Without Money in Kenya.
Making money has become a multi-million-dollar industry, with thousands of people joining the two-comma club every day.
This has been made possible by the emergence of the internet.
I know I don’t have to lecture you on what the internet is, but, if I told you there is a secret of the internet that you don’t already know, would you listen to me?
Fact is, before the internet, making money was an uphill task.
You had to pick a shovel and head to the mines. Work until your spine snapped. And what were you paid in turn? Peanuts.
Meaning you had to show up to work every day to keep life going.
Sincerely, it was a hard time to be alive, then the internet came.
The emergence of the internet and its consequences
The internet brought people together.
Imagine you can now talk to someone at the other corner of the world in seconds and in real-time.
But the connectivity didn’t just bless the togetherness, it also made it easy to make money online.
Suddenly, people were hiring full-time workers and part-timers across the world to work remotely without having to be in-person on the job.
Additionally, the internet brought in completely new jobs and markets.
The social media manager position was unheard of until social media came into the limelight.
As if that’s not enough, here is what I find more fascinating than anything else: making millions of money out of thin air.
How’s that even possible you ask?
Today, if you have the right tools and knowledge, you can build your own money printing machine right in your bedroom.
Continue reading to find out.
The better part?
You don’t need any investment upfront to see results.
So, the question comes, is it possible to make money without money in Kenya?
How can I make money without money in Kenya?
At the face value, this question may sound sneaky.
In fact, most people may brush it off thinking it is a useless question just because it comes out as something far-fetched and unattainable.
But trust me, after reading this guide, you will have a change of heart. You will ditch your excuses (whatever they are) and start working online without any upfront investment.
I know this may sound like typical advice when looking for ways to make money online in Kenya. You have heard it a couple of times, but I bet you haven’t heard this about freelancing in Kenya.
As a freelancer, your work is to help clients get projects done remotely, you don’t have to be within your client’s work premise to get the work done.
That you already know.
But did you know that you can start freelancing with absolutely zero money?
That’s right, all you need is a skill and someone who wants to buy it. In fact, people are quitting their full-time jobs to work as freelancers.
As a freelancer, you can work from anywhere you want, home, beach, on the ranch, or on a plane to Paris.
- Freelancing means working one-on-one with your own clients
- You need a skill that is in demand. You cannot quit your bartending job to work remotely, it just doesn’t add up. Though you can freelance as a bartender (working with different joints) but you have to be there physically.
- Consider joining freelancing platforms such as Upwork. They are huge marketplaces full of projects you can work on.
- In general, most freelance projects require you know something to do with writing, design, programming, editing, or any other creative skill set.
Sell items online
Pay attention here, because it is easy to get lost.
When I say sell stuff online, I don’t mean you buy and then sell for a profit. Of course, I know you are looking for ways to make money without money in Kenya. And that’s what this article is about, remember!
Hence that would be misplaced advice.
This is what I mean:
Look around your home, there are items you no longer need or use. Outdated electronics, clothes, or furniture.
Ever heard of your trash is someone’s treasure?
This is it, buddy.
Selling items online can be a great way to make money in Kenya. And since you already own them, you don’t need any money to start.
- Platforms like PigiaMe, JiJi.co.ke, and eBay can be a perfect place to auction off your stuff (especially the last one). Since it’s an auction, you can make a lot more than the item’s worth or way lower, it depends on the demand and type.
- There is this one known as Craigslist. Here, you can sell directly to the other person.
What if you run out of items to sell? Then what?
Simple, there are other ideas within this guide. Continue reading.
Again, this is the typical ‘make money online’ advice in Kenya. Create a website and start posting articles. Then monetize it.
Well, while that works, I understand it takes money to build a website on other platforms. You do not need to have a cent to blog on sites like blogger, medium, wordpress.com, Tumbler, and the likes.
If you choose to go professional though, you will need to spend some dime – at least on a domain name and hosting. At JoonHosting we offer both at affordable prices.
Why go pro instead of the free blogging sites?
Going pro comes with lots of benefits.
If your website is called Joon and you want to build a blog on Blogger (a free content management system for Google), your new domain name will be something along these lines joon.blogger.com.
It is free and you can start posting articles without paying anything.
The downside is bloggers or whatever free CMS you go for will include their name on your domain.
With a free blogging website, now what?
- Promote your services such as writing
- Sell items such as electronics that you already own or help other people sell theirs and get a cut.
- Create an ebook and sell. How? See the next idea on how to make money without money in Kenya.
- Self-publishing e-Books
Yes, this is another revolutionary way to make money without money that came with the internet.
If you are a writer or have something important to share with people, you no longer need the publishing companies to permit you.
In a nutshell, an e-book is an electronic book.
It is a book, but instead of the physical hardcover you are used to, it is in a digital form. This way, it can be read on both the mobile and computer.
- Look around your environment and note things people are struggling with that can be solved through simple instructions or helpful guides
- Research the topic extensively and distill the best information that solves the challenge you identified above
- Put the information together using Microsoft Word. Remember to group them into chapters for easy reading and comprehension
- Save the document as a PDF and you are done.
- Market the e-book on your blog
With an e-book ready, price it reasonably, and sell it to individuals who need it the most.
Let me explain:
If you wrote an e-book showing mothers how to take care of infants, your target buyers are mothers with small kids. Makes sense?
Why does this work?
First, you don’t need any money to write an e-book.
You can research using your phone, instead of swiping through Instagram all day. Also, consider borrowing a laptop or PC from a friend for a few days if you don’t own one.
Start tutoring services
As a tutor, you are tapping into the skills you already have. You don’t need to go to any class to learn how to teach.
As such, if you are proficient in a specific academic subject or a skill, consider this idea.
Tutoring is a great way to help others get better grades while allowing you to make some money in the process.
- As a tutor, you generally get paid per hour spent teaching. Also, your level of experience counts
- You can do tutoring online, either by sending notes to students, streaming classes, or signing up with tutoring platforms like tutor.com.
- You can concentrate on topics you understand well and thus guaranteeing results
Rent extra space
Remember when I mentioned that today, you can make money out of thin air? Well, this is one of those examples.
A company called Airbnb is one such company making millions of dollars off renting houses without owning even a single property.
Airbnb is a platform connecting homeowners with extra rooms to tourists looking for places to spend the night.
If you are looking for how to make money without money in Kenya, list your home on Airbnb.
- Set your own rates (nightly rates mostly)
- Even if you don’t own the property, you can still rent it out to a third person, just make sure you have your landlord’s thumbs up.
- Airbnb is a huge marketplace, you will definitely get tenants
Share your car
If you own a car and traveling frequently, you can share the gas expenses with fellow travelers going in the same direction.
You don’t have to be traveling, if you own a car that is just lying around idle, consider starting sort of own taxi service.
Here, you will be driving people around town.
- There are several platforms currently bringing together car owners and travelers looking to pool cars
- Uber and Lyft are currently cashing in on this cab-sharing emerging market.
- You can register your car with such companies
Be a ‘lab rat’
This sounds scary.
What I meant to say is, participate in medical research.
Medical advances don’t happen without testing whether the developments are working or not. And without such data, all is nothing.
This explains why people are making money by presenting themselves as human trials subjects for new medicine.
All you have to do is find an open position in your nearest medical research facility and volunteer. You can earn extra income and help advance the research in the process.
- The payout depends on the risks involved and time invested
- If you are next to a medical university, they could be running a volunteer program. Contact the campus to learn more.
Promoting someone else’s products
This is affiliate marketing and you can start with zero money.
All you have to do is find the perfect product or service to promote. Make sure it pays really well and offers value to the buyer, the last thing you want is promoting a piece of garbage.
Talk with the owner to give you an affiliate link to make things easier by tracking your sales.
With the link ready, share it on your social media platforms, with friends, and family.
- You need a smartphone, which I assume you already own one
- A high-paying affiliate program that is valuable to buyers
- An audience you are already part of.
- Little marketing efforts and you should start seeing results.
Participate in online surveys
As medical trials are to health success, so are surveys to companies.
Feedback is a goldmine, and companies know this and are willing to part with their wallets to get the information.
Several platforms are offering paid surveys online such as Swagbucks and Prizerebel. Go ahead and sign up with them, it is free.
Once accepted into the program, you can start answering questions that earn you some money. When you hit the threshold (if there is any), withdraw your earnings.
Become a personal trainer
This goes for fitness junkies who live in gyms and breathe healthy eating.
There are thousands of people out there looking for you.
Today more than ever, even with automation taking over most jobs, people are busier than ever before.
Even with busy schedules, they still understand the need for healthy living and that includes exercising regularly.
They cannot do that in public fitness centers because of time.
That is where you come in.
You can help them stick to their diet and exercise routine, and make money in the process.
This works because it is a chance to charge premium prices once your services start attracting a lot of interested clients.
These are 11 ways to show you how to make money without money in Kenya. Pick the ones you can implement immediately, and let us know how it goes.
Tagged With : best way to make money without money • easy ways to make money without money • how to make money without money • how to make money without money fast • how to make money without money online • ways to make money without money