The internet has made writing so much easier.
Anyone can write a post that goes viral. However, posting frequent materials on the internet, on blogs or just on your social media does not guarantee a loyal following.
Neither does posting crap – with grammatical errors and wrong use of language.
It is for these reasons that proofreaders are on-demand now more than ever.
The best part, you don’t need a linguistic degree to become a proofreader. And, you can proofread from remotely and get paid online.
- 1 Freelance proofreading rates
- 2 Acquire the necessary skills
- 3 Find Clients
- 4 EditFast
- 5 FlexJobs
- 6 Grammarly
- 7 Scribendi
- 8 Upwork
- 9 Kelly Services
- 10 Kibin
- 11 Important Note/Tip
- 12 How to Make More Money Yearly Doing Proofreading Jobs Remotely
- 13 Find a good proofreading niche
- 14 Maintain clients
- 15 More Ways to Make Money Online
Freelance proofreading rates
The best Proofreaders earn around $30,000 yearly for their smart work which is all dependent on the workload.
In essence, many book proofreaders make $0.2 per word but charging $25 to $45 is also a common trend.
In order to make money as a freelance proofreader here’s what you need to do;
Acquire the necessary skills
Some proofreaders start with grammar knowledge that they have acquired naturally over time – especially people from English speaking Nations.
However, having just the knowledge of editing grammar mistakes will not earn you so much money.
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
You need more skills and experience on these areas to become better.
- In-depth knowledge of the English language
- Excellent written communication
- Meet deadlines
- Familiarity with writing software and editing tools
To master these skills, save some time to go through proofreading courses.
A good place to find paid proofreading courses is Udemy.
There is also a variety of softwares that will help you proofread as you start your freelance proofreading career.
Some examples of softwares for proofreading jobs include;
- Ginger grammar and Spellchecker
- Hemingway Editor
Having everything set up but no clients isn’t a situation that you want to find yourself in; especially if you want to make $30,000 yearly doing only freelance proofreading jobs.
You need to find clients for your gig to make sense.
You can find clients locally, through cold pitches, warm pitches, self-advertising, networking profiles or freelancing platforms
Or you can just register with the content mill sites shown below to begin earning as a proofreader
EditFast is a proofreading service where patrons can submit their documents online for proofing.
It serves as a platform to connect clients with proofreaders.
In order to use this service to find jobs here, you must hand in a resume and complete several editing tests.
FlexJobs has a bunch of proofreading opportunities from all over.
The platform is a reputable telecommuting job board that hosts a variety of positions.
The nature, availability, and requirements for each position will vary by the assignment and the company.
Grammarly is an editing and proofreading company.
They have many different writing projects such as dissertations, essays, novels, whitepapers, and more.
Also, they offer grammar checks, copy editing, APA editing, and proofreading services.
If you are interested in searching for proofreading jobs online, this could be the best place to begin.
Scribendi is based in Ontario, Canada.
It offers freelancers free training and incentives redeemable at online retailers.
You must pass a screening test and complete an application process before you begin.
The pay varies by project but it’s competitive, and each project’s priced out upfront.
It offers a variety of freelance projects among them proofreading and freelance projects.
It is a good platform with good collaborative space and a secure payment and recruitment system.
Kelly Services has a variety of temporary hire jobs.
One of those freelance jobs on the platform is proofreading services for several other businesses.
Kelly Services have been consistent for a70 years and are therefore more well-grounded than most hire sites.
They are dependable, easy to work with, with even supporting mobile access options.
You will work for Kelly Services base on your skills and experience.
Kibin is more focused on copy editing, proofreading, and writing jobs than all the other sites.
It is also smaller. The good thing though is that they specialize and therefore it enables them to offer services specific to proofreaders.
It is important to find jobs that pay well locally and online. Some platforms will offer less but it is important to know how to filter through jobs that are perfect for you, in terms of price and topic.
Sites like FlexJobs pay well enough to sustain you as a freelance proofreader. Strive to do less and earn more so you that you give better work and don’t get bored so fast with the monotony.
How to Make More Money Yearly Doing Proofreading Jobs Remotely
Find a good proofreading niche
If you find a good proofreading niche like court transcripts, you make even more per hour. Some proofreading jobs require high skill levels in specific areas such as healthcare, chemistry, and manufacturing.
It is important to maintain clients to get repeat orders that keep your business afloat.
Though most bloggers will not tell you this; freelancing does not offer stability which is to say, you need to hold on to your client base to achieve some level of stability and growth.
Maintaining clients also helps when it comes to getting jobs because of referrals.
Your clients may help you find more proofreading jobs.
Clients can be maintained by;
- Doing high-quality work
- Good communication
- Meeting deadlines
- Fostering relationships
- Offering additional services
- Expanding and growing your skill base
Proofreading is a great way to make money online. Especially if you’re good at it.
You only need to be consistent and hardworking to stand to earn $30,000 yearly.
More Ways to Make Money Online
- How to Build a Website With $59 And Sell for Ksh. 300,000 in 5 Months
- 7 Easy Ways to Make Money Fast | Close to No Investment Needed
- Kenyan Bloggers Making Ksh. 1 M Monthly | Kenyans.co.ke in The List
- How I Earn Ksh. 100,000 Monthly Blogging in Kenya
- 7 Ideal Startup Ideas That Will Make You Rich Overnight
- Make $1,000 Monthly While Living in Nairobi Without a Job
- Free Freelance Writing Course | Move From Earning $1.5 to $100 Per Post
- Start an eCommerce Business in Kenya With Ksh. 1,599
- Use These Tips, Tricks, And Cheats to Win More in Expert Option
- How to Earn $30,000 Yearly By Doing Online Freelance Proofreading Jobs
- 10 Easy Ways to Land Your First Writing Job Online
- 17 Easy Ways to Make Money on the Internet
- I’ll Show You How to Make $30,000 Yearly Doing These Legit Online Jobs
- 11 Internet Marketing Sites to Pitch for a Paid Guest Posting Opportunity
- Online Jobs | 9 Blogs That Pay Freelance Online Writers for Guest Posts
- 9 Easy Ways to Raise Ksh. 100,000 in Less Than a Week
- 9 Work at Home Jobs With Consistent Gigs & Lucrative Pay
- Freelance Writing | How I Earn $200 Regularly as a Travel Writer
Tagged With : freelance proofreading • freelance proofreading and editing • freelance proofreading contract • freelance proofreading editing • freelance proofreading jobs • freelance proofreading jobs from home • freelance proofreading jobs no experience • freelance proofreading jobs remote • freelance proofreading rates • job proofreading online • proofreading job description • proofreading jobs from home