RSI, also known as relative strength indicator is a technical analysis tool in Olymp Trade.
It falls under oscillators.
Unlike moving averages which simplify price data to show trends;
RSI’ strength is in showing trade reversal and entry points.
Apply this indicator in your chart and you will notice two lines running parallel like in the image below.
These two lines can either intersect upwards or downwards.
When you notice such intersections, consider them a signal to open a trade in the trending direction.
How to set the RSI Indicator in Olymp Trade.
Login to your Olymp Trade account.
Or register here if you don’t already have one.
- Demo Account
- :MT4 Integration
- :Supports All Devices
- :Fast Payouts
- :Instant Deposits
- :Available on all devices
- :101 Trading Tools
- :Demo Account Available
- :Trading Signals Available
- :24/7 Support
- :Trading Community
Find the indicator button on top of your chart.
Scroll down to RSI and click on it.
Now scroll down your trading interface to see your RSI indicator.
This is how it looks.
Note – if you edit the indicator by reducing the RSI period, you will receive more signals to open a trade. However, most of the signals will be less accurate.
On the other hand, you can increase the periods of the indicator. Now doing this will give you fewer signals but they will be more accurate.
How to Read the RSI Indicator to Open Winning Trades.
When using any oscillator, always trade in the direction of the trend.
You can pick your direction by analyzing the direction of the chart and comparing it to the RSI.
Now, if the RSI does not coincide with the price in your chart, know that the trend may soon reverse and it is not safe to open a trade.
If the two directions sync though, open a trade in the direction shown.
Overbought & Oversold Assets as seen in RSI.
Though not so often, you will sometimes notice the RSI line rise above level 70.
Do you know what this means?
It implies that the asset which you are trading is overbought.
Other times you will see it fall below level 30 to imply that the asset which you are trading is oversold.
When an asset is overbought its value grows quickly.
And this only means one thing,
The price soon reacts by going back down.
On the same breath you will notice oversold assets when the price falls fast then stops.
When an asset is oversold, you can expect to see it rise again in no time.
Look out for the RSI crossing the level 30 line upwards. When it does, consider it your entry signal to open an UP trade.
Click here to download my Free Trading eBook for an explanation of more indicators like this.
More Indicators in Olymp Trade.
- How to Use the Donchian Channel to Earn up to 82% Profits in Olymp Trade.
- How to Apply and use the Gator Oscillator in Olymp Trade.
- Aroon Oscillator | is this the best tool for Trading in Olymp Trade?
- How to use the Momentum Oscillator to Find Entry Points in Olymp Trade
- Beginners Guide for using the WMA Indicator to Place Quality Orders in Olymp Trade
- Is Stochastic Indicator the Best tool for Trading on Mondays? Let’s Find Out.
- How to use Detrended Price Oscillator to Trade in Olymp Trade.
- How to use the “Rate of Change” Oscillator to Pick Trend Reversal Points in Olymp Trade.
- Using Exponential Moving Average (EMA) to Pick Trends in Olymp Trade.
- How to Use the DeMaker Trading Tool to Improve the Quality of your Orders in Olymp Trade.
- How to Use Test Candlesticks to Enhance Your Orders in Olymp Trade.
- 6 Bearish Candlestick Patterns That Show Continuing Downtrend in Olymp Trade.
- 6 Bullish Candlestick Patterns to Look Out for While Trading.
- Parabolic SAR | The Easiest Way to Pick Trading Direction in Olymp Trade.
- How to Pick Entry Points in Olymp Trade With Bollinger Bands.
- How to Use Olymp Trade SMA Trend Indicators to Win More.
- Fibonacci Retracement | How to Enhance Your Forecasts in Olymp Trade.
- How to use the RSI to Find Entry Points in Olymp Trade.