Do you know any child who sat for her KCPE in 2021, scored 280 marks or more but lacks school fees to further her education? Do you know that through the Elimu scholarship program you can help her study through secondary Bila worries?
Well, this is possible through the Elimu scholarship program.
The Elimu scholarship program is a Kenyan government-run education scholarship funded by the World Bank through the Ministry of Education and the equity group foundation.
The scholarship seeks to improve secondary education in Kenya. And it takes care of school fees, transport, and learning materials.
Elimu Scholarship Program 2019
In 2019 the scholarship pooled over Ksh. 20 billion which benefited 9,000 plus candidates who sat for KCPE. In 2020 the program is set to even take more students in.
Elimu Scholarship Program 2021, Deadline and How to Apply
To apply for the Elimu Scholarship for 2021; KCPE students have to meet all the requirements listed below: –
- Must be special needs or students with disabilities
- Orphans and Vulnerable children are also advised to apply
- Must have scored 280 marks and above in 2021 KCPE
- Only the Candidates who sat for KCPE examinations in 2019 should apply
- Only accepts candidates from vulnerable communities in the targeted Sub-Counties
- Candidates with poor parents living with disabilities
- Candidates with parents living with HIV/AIDS and chronic diseases like (Cancer, Kidney failure e.t.c) that cannot raise school fees
- Applicants must be from needy families
- Candidates who have been neglected or abused
Among the counties targeted by this scholarship are: – Bunyala, Mutomo, Samburu Central, Busia, Mwingi Central, Samburu East, Butula, Mwingi East, Samburu North, Nambale, and more. Check out the full list here.
Apply for this scholarship online via the equity foundations website
Or go ahead and download the application form with the tab below.
When applying for this scholarship, consider the following: –
- The information provided in the application form is intended to help the Equity Group Foundation Community Scholarship Selection Board understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award
- This application form must be filled accurately and completely in CAPITAL LETTERS
- On being called for an interview the applicant must bring the originals of all documents attached
- All incomplete or inaccurately filled forms will be automatically rejected
- Copies of ALL DOCUMENTS required must be provided by the applicant. Any applications without relevant documents will be rejected
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- The completion and submission of this form is not a guarantee for sponsorship
- Any false statements, omissions, or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification
- Equity Group Foundation reserves the right to make the final determination of scholarship beneficiaries
- Only 2021 KCPE candidates will be considered
- The application can also be submitted online via https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_elimu
- Every part of this form must be filled. Failure to do so makes this application form incomplete and therefore renders the applicant illegible for the scholarship